Tuesday, April 28, 2015

You're A Friend of Mine!




 
I have a card to share today.  I am playing along with The Friday Mashup, The Paper Players sketch, and The Challenge whose theme is also polka dots.   For the Friday Mashup, we are to use umbrella or polka dots or mash it up and use both.  I chose to use both. 

I have a kraft card base.  I combined some fun Fancy Pants Nautical themed papers.  I actually used the Smashup photo as some inspiration which is why I have  wood pattern and a sky.   I used Verve's Rain or Shine stamp set and stamped the smaller umbrella image just between the rain or shine sentiment.  I used the umbrella solid image and stamped in red.  Again, going off of the inspiration photo.  I used some acrylic white paint to add some polka dots with a needle tip.  To comply with the sketch, I used Verve's Flag It die set to die cut some fun patterns from the paper pad.   I finished my card with a few of Verve's Shine Bright Sequin Mix. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

14 comments

  1. Very amazing and Bright and sunny, FULL of the promise of a summer day!!!
    Thanks for joining us at The Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Betty! Loving the papers you have chosen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely papers on your card. I just love the bright feel of this. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this! It totally makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love how you used that big bold sentiment Betty. Awesome card. Makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous card! I love the bright colors mixed with the woodgrain! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

      Delete
  6. Betty, this is such a happy and fun card! I love your mix of patterns and the big, bold sentiment! The woodgrain looks great, too! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, Betty! It gives me a beachy feel! And that sentiment is as sweet as can be! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty...what an amazing card! Love your fabulous scene you created. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect mix of patterns and papers and I love that sentiment. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous, Betty! I love the use of the woodgrain dp- it gives the look of a boardwalk on the front of your card. Super combination of challenges! Thanks for sharing with us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A super sweet card, Betty! Love that umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely card, thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.