Monday, April 6, 2015

Thinking of You and Proof Positive!








 
Happy Monday!  It is Spring Break week for me so that means I get to play in my crafty space more!   I am playing along with a few blog challenges today.  For my first card, I am playing along with The Curtain Call inspiration challenge, The Sweet Sunday Sketch, and The Paper Players die cut challenge. 






I am using MFT Products.  I started with MFT smooth white, sno cone, kraft, and field day card stocks.  The card base is smooth white.  I die cut the field day card stock with Blueprints 15.  I stamped with fine check using field day premium ink.  I popped this panel using foam mounting tape.  I die cut a smooth white and sno cone panel using Horizontal Stitched Strips.  I die cut a Square Pierced Stax using kraft.  I stamped the sentiment  from Fall Foliage in hybrid black licorice ink.  I then die cut Peaceful Wildflowers die namics in smooth white.  I stamped a couple with limelight ink, a couple with field day ink, and one with green room ink.  I arranged and added to the card.  I finished with a few clear sequins. 









For my second card I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge, Colour Q, and Just Us Girls "Spring" Challenge.  






I started with MFT smooth white, daffodil, green room, ripe raspberry, and razzleberry card stocks.  I used the Proof Positive cover plate to create most of my focal image.  I layered the cover plate with green room that I die cut with Blueprints 1.  I love inlaying die cuts to create a fun new pattern with this cover plate.   


Once I added the heart. I then added a daffodil yellow frame.  I used the Stitched with Love die namics and die cut a needle and thimble with Silver Foil Card stock.  I stamped the thimble with hybrid black licorice with the Stitched With Love stamp set.  I layered my elements to comply with the sketch.  I added a few stitched buttons to finish the card.   


As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

13 comments

  1. OH MY!!! Love them both Betty, but the second one is so fun! Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week at JUGS! Please play along again soon, we love when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, love them both! awesome greens in your first card and love the colors/design of your second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, Betty, I can't imagine all the time it took to put the die cuts back in as they are so small! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wowee Betty. I so love all your panel on the first with that wow factor of green and love love how you made the heart using the color inserts on that background Die. WOWZA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore the flower cluster and the stitched card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The brown panel on the first card looks like leather. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW love the design on your second card - so springy! and so glad you joined us with it at Just us Girls.
    Also your first card is lovely. Great background and again lovely colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...two fabulous cards! I love your stitching card, you are so clever and this is so sweet. And your first card is just beautiful, love that pretty green.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love both of these cards, Betty! The dies cuts for your Paper Players card are wonderful, as is the checked background. Thanks so much for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these are so fabulous Betty. I love the green and kraft together. Thank you for sharing with us the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. An awesome pair of cards Betty! Love the vibrant colours on the blooms card and the pattern you created on the second is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.