Sunday, April 26, 2015

Happiness and Tweet On You!




Happy Sunday!  I am popping in with a couple of cards to share.  I finally had a chance to get crafty late this afternoon.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.

For my first card I am playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and The ColourQ Color Challenge.  


I started with MFT smooth white, blu raspberry, limeade, and kraft card stocks.  I used Blueprints 22 to die cut the blu raspberry background.  I layered die cut stitched snowdrifts to look like waves of water.  I die cut the Sailboat die namics in a few colors and assembled to card with foam mounting tape and liquid glue.  I did stamp the limeade panel with the Simply Circles background in limeade ink.  I stamped the sentiment from Totally Happy stamp set in hybrid black licorice ink.  










 
For my second card I am playing along with Retro Sketch and The Color Throwdown.


I started with smooth white, black licorice, and daffodil card stocks.  I die cut the daffodil panel with inside and outside stitched squares.  I die cut another using black licorice then layered a stitched rounded rectangle and die cut that to create the sketch look.  I stamped the daffodil panel with houndstooth background stamp using daffodil ink.   With these colors, I thought it would be fun to create a chalkboard scene.  I stamped the images from Tweet On You stamp set with versamark and white embossed. I then sponged some sweet tooth pigment ink on the panel for added chalkboard effect.  I die cut a a sentiment panel from Blueprints 13 and stamped a sentiment from the same set.  I finished with a few clear sequins.   

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty                                                                                                 

11 comments

  1. Adore those waves and the cute sailboat! Fabulous chalkboard for the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love the boat on the choppy seas! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous Betty! That little boat really does look like it's being tossed around in the waves and I love the chalkboard effect you've created for the second. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh these are both so cute! Love the boat and the fabulous scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, these are so awesome. I especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty, just found your blog and your fab cards - they are so cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came to tell you how much I love your hop card and then I got sidetracked by these two darling cards! I love them, too, Betty, especially your sailboat card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are adorable!!! The little ship floating on those awesome waves is sooo cute and I looove the chalkboard technique with that sweet little bird on the second....beautiful work, Betty!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of these! Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun waves , ship and designs.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my...both of your cards are amazing but your first with that fabulous little boat is as cute as can be...Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.