Sunday, January 17, 2016

Just Because!





Happy Sunday!  It has been a snowy day here in North Carolina.  We have our first snowman of the season.  I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.   Papertrey Inks Create Along With Us Challenge.    I  chose this card by Danielle Flanders to CASE




 I just love trying to recreate looks without actually having the products yet.  I searched my PTI selection and decided to use Vintage Linens.  This was definitely a project made so much easier with a MISTI!  Especially since I used linen paper.  I always need to stamp at least twice to get a great impression.  For some reason, I do not own any outlined leaves in my vast array of PTI images?  Seriously!  How is this possible?  I decided to go bold with solid leaves for the background instead.  I stamped the outline background and masked when necessary to create depth and a layered look. 




I die cut and stamped my focal flower and leaves.  I used some foam mounting tape to pop the flowers up.  I added glitter to the center of the flower instead of sequins.  For the sentiment I used PTI Scripted stamp stamped with stormy sea ink.  I stamped over it, again with the MISTI in black because I needed a different softer gray.  I finished my card with a few silver sequins because I need some silver to play along with this week's ColourQ Challenge.  I do not have any coastal cabana so I used some hawaiian shores.  Thanks so much for the beautiful inspiration, Danielle!


As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

 

14 comments

  1. Wow, this is a gorgeous card and a fabulous CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Betty, this is stunning! A perfect CASE! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking card, Betty! I know what you mean when you say you didn't have stamps with outlined leaves. I found that to be my biggest challenge when coming up with one of the DT's cards as inspiration. Guess I need to order more supplies to remedy that situation for next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. I love the pop of color against the black outline flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card, Betty. Beautiful pop of color on top of the black and white outlined flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Betty, this is simply beautiful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty! Ha, funny. We had the same idea, I couldn`t believe my eyes when I saw your Card! :-) Very beautiful. In fact, I like the way you layered your flowers better than how I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, Betty, like each and every one of your cards. I love visiting your blog and seeing what you're up to :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful case, Betty! Love the detail and that pop of colour! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous! You're making me regret selling this set...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one amazing card Betty...so beautiful and elegant. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This caught my eye in the color challenge. What a beautiful card, Betty! It's so elegant. I LOVE the solid leaves, they make such an impact. I live in NC too, no snow for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.