Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Rainbow!






It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!




brit.com



The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge!






For today's card I am using MFT Stamps and dies.  I started with some watercolor paper and a metal oval die cut to use for my arcs in the watercolor layered rainbow.  I chose to use metal instead of a die cut piece because I am working with water.  I wanted to clean the die cut between colors and a paper die cut would get soggy as well as absorb and possibly smear and muddy the colors.  







I placed the metal die cut onto watercolor paper, brushed the arc with plain water, then used Distress Reinkers to color the rainbow.  I blotted when necessary.  I even waited a bit between colors before proceeding to the next color.  I continued until I ran out of space.  I wanted to leave a bit of white at the top and the bottom.  I spritzed with water.  I also added some watered down copic white splatters for added dimension. 












Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration!




                   



As always thanks so much for stopping by!  



Betty

9 comments

  1. What a beautiful watercolored rainbow Betty! love the sun and punch of the black sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Betty! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Betty your card is absolutely stunning! SUCH a vibrant watercoloured rainbow...LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your tip on how you watercoloured the arched rainbow...I was wondering how you did it ;)
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beautiful bright colours you have worked with, Betty!!! Such a lovely, happy card!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the beautiful rainbow you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and so cheerful! Love those bright colors Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this is amazing. Love your sweet rainbow tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally awesome take on the challenge...such a happy card :) !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.