Sunday, September 25, 2016

PTI September Blog Hop!





Happy Sunday!  I am popping in with two cards to share for this month's Papertrey Ink September Blog Hop!  



I used the same stamps (except for sentiments), dies, and inks for both cards.  I only changed a few things.  I started with the Make It Market: DFTW Kit scalloped note card die.  I liked using it on the card front because the score line provided the perfect place to add my string.  I used  Holiday Greens stamp and die,  Christmas Faith, Keep It Simple, and Tropics stamp sets. I used olive twist, ripe avocado, cocoa bean, and saffron spice inks.




Both cards are very similar.  I created two masculine cards using these sets.  I changed the base color from smokey shadow to vintage cream.  





The leafy floral arrangements are slightly different. I also used twine on one and a fine natural cording on the other.  




I finished both cards with some tiny dots stamped in saffron spice using the Christmas Faith stamp set instead of sequins to keep with the masculine feel designs.  Also playing along with this week's PTI MIM Challenge to use florals for masculine cards. 





As always thanks so much for hopping by!

Betty

34 comments

  1. Hoping I have time to play with this set sometimes this week! Both of your cards are just so lovely -- crisp and fresh feeling. Great interpretation of the Challenge Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the arrangement and off set panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both colour combos! Terrific cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both cards are just gorgeous, betty!! love how you used a holiday set to create non-holiday cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely design on these. Saffron Spice is a good color for masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Betty! love the angled scalloped panel and the lovely layered die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are beautiful, Betty! That scalloped layer especially pops against your smokey shadow base color. Perfect design, especially for masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so beautiful! Love your focal point and offset panels. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both so pretty Betty! Your colors are fabulous and I love the CAS composition of each card. Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Betty! Love all the sprigs! So fun and festive! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! Perfect representation of the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful card, Betty! You nailed the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty these are stunning for sure! I love the offset scalloped panel! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These really are gorgeous! Love the angled panel and your perfectly placed twine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really love this with the colors! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are gorgeous. I especially love the scalloped edges and the way you have wrapped the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely striking! Love the panel against both the light and dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful fall inspiration, Betty! TFS :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Betty, both cards are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are gorgeous--love the inks you used, Betty! I really have to get Holiday Greens!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not sure which I like best Betty - it's amazing how a few different touches changes the look of a card. Love the tilted panel on both and the dramatic black background on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This card is gorgeous, Betty - I love how you used the new Holiday Greens and the earthy ink tones you used!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great set of cards and a fun use of twine!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE your cards.....beautifully designed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are gorgeous! I love the design! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely card Betty. Those images are so pretty... love the green/brown hues.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.