Monday, May 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Frosting!





It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!






The LEAD of this challenge will be invited to be a guest designer in an upcoming challenge!




I focused on the colors and overall look of the inspiration photo.  I started with some PTI white linen paper.  I used ranger hickory smokey ink cube with the dtp(direct to paper) technique brushed it across the paper.  I added some pressure in areas to get a more saturated look. I really love the distress weather feel.  




I stamped and die cut PTI Beautiful Berries stamp set in pale peony and lovely lady.  I white embossed the sentiment from PTI Caligraphy Classics set.  I added some white paint splatters for added effect.  I finished my card with some clear sequins.


Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs 
for more inspiration!

Sonja Kerkhoffs, The Art of Stamping  (Guest Designer)




As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

6 comments

  1. Oh, I love these Spring Berries on the dark background! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous <3 hope I can get the time to play along

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful take on the inspiration photo. I totally love the way you've created the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the way you did the background with the dtp technique, it makes the pretty flowers pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Betty. I love the dark background and it really highlights the beautiful berries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the berries at release but still haven't used them - you've inspired me! Your berries are gorgeous on that rich linen background. (The linen paper has been on my wishlist forever and I never remember to get it in my cart!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.