Sunday, May 7, 2017

Happy Sunday!  I am popping in with a card to share.   I need a graduation card for a man!   Check it out!  I am playing along with this week's PTI Make It Monday Challenge:  Watercolor Wash Background.  I chose to do the emboss resist option using Papertrey's Tropics stamp set.  I stamped the images in versamark, white embossed, then added different colors of ranger inks for my watercolor wash.  I added some splatters as well in shades of greens with a touch of some black.  




For my sentiment I used PTI Pen and Ink stamp set.   I cut a strip of Pure black card stock.  I stamped the sentiment in versamark and white embossed,  I created my own fishtail at the end with some snips.  I am using this week's CASE this Sketch as inspiration so all of my foliage is at the bottom and left edge.  



I must admit, while I was creating the background, I did not realize this sentiment was so large. I feel it covers up a lot of the background images.  I really did not have time to redo.  After I added the clear sequins it started growing on me, though.  It is quite manly so Win! Win! 


As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

10 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Betty! Love the watercolored background! The foliage looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect masculine graduation card, Betty! You nailed the challenge, too, so it's definitely a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWW! This is so beautiful. A real eye catcher!
    Thanks for joining CTS this week Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous, Betty! For both sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Betty! Love that splashy green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully artistic creation--love it! I can understand your wishing the sentiment didn't cover up quite so much of your gorgeous stamping & inking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this!!! Congrats on your CAS(E) This Sketch shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow~! I love all the splatters. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search