Sunday, May 7, 2017

Graduation Congratulations!


Happy Sunday!  I am popping in with a card to share.   I need a graduation card for a man!   Check it out!  I am playing along with this week's PTI Make It Monday Challenge:  Watercolor Wash Background.  I chose to do the emboss resist option using Papertrey's Tropics stamp set.  I stamped the images in versamark, white embossed, then added different colors of ranger inks for my watercolor wash.  I added some splatters as well in shades of greens with a touch of some black.  




For my sentiment I used PTI Pen and Ink stamp set.   I cut a strip of Pure black card stock.  I stamped the sentiment in versamark and white embossed,  I created my own fishtail at the end with some snips.  I am using this week's CASE this Sketch as inspiration so all of my foliage is at the bottom and left edge.  



I must admit, while I was creating the background, I did not realize this sentiment was so large. I feel it covers up a lot of the background images.  I really did not have time to redo.  After I added the clear sequins it started growing on me, though.  It is quite manly so Win! Win! 


As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

11 comments

  1. Such a pretty card Betty! Love the watercolored background! The foliage looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect masculine graduation card, Betty! You nailed the challenge, too, so it's definitely a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWWW! This is so beautiful. A real eye catcher!
    Thanks for joining CTS this week Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is gorgeous! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fabulous, Betty! For both sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Betty! Love that splashy green!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully artistic creation--love it! I can understand your wishing the sentiment didn't cover up quite so much of your gorgeous stamping & inking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this!!! Congrats on your CAS(E) This Sketch shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow~! I love all the splatters. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is very beautiful. I wish I was talented and patient like you. I've just created my own website to sell some pop-up cards. They're absolutely beautiful. If you are interested in pop-up cards. It is exactly what you are looking for: graduation pop up card, 3d pop up card

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.