Tuesday, July 25, 2017

July Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!








Happy Tuesday!   I am playing along with this month's PTI Blog Hop Challenge!  I am popping in late in the day for this one.  I guess better late than never on this challenge.





For my card I played off of the color of the background and florals.   I used PTI white linen.  I used spring rain and direct inked the white linen to get a textural rich colored background.  I die cut it with the Mix and Mat Herringbone die. 


I added the bleeding hearts flowers from Humming Along.  I mixed colors of PTI inks to play along with the soft muted tones in the inspiration picture.  I added the sentiment using PTI Pen and Ink set.  I started with Spring Rain ink.  It did not have enough of a pop so I stamped it with Blueberry Sky.  I love the richness it adds, plus it mimics the ink tones in the inspiration as well. 


 To finish the card I die cut the photo corners in gold foil card stock for a pop of gold as well as to play off of the touches of gold in the photo.  I layered this panel with a popped up white linen panel for subtle texture to a stampers select card base.

As always thanks so much for hopping by!

Betty

13 comments

  1. Beautiful, Betty. Love the richness of the blues, and of course the gorgeous gold photo corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Betty! I'm ashamed to say that I purchased the humming bird set and have yet to even open the package. Your card is inspiring me to do that today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on the inspiration photo, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, the gold corners are a fun embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, lovely card Betty! I love how your background came out using the linen cardstock...so rich looking and full of texture and just perfect for your beautiful bleeding hearts and that lovely sentiment! Perfect take on the inspiration photo!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty design, beautiful color choices and love the gold touches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, your ink to paper looks so rich on linen (note to self to ass to next order). Sentiment does pop now, and can't go wrong with those beautiful fuschias. The gold corners finished it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card and great sentiment Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful use of the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful. Love your design, and that sentiment stamped in blue--outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...love your sweet flowers and that wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card and the flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.