Monday, September 25, 2017

September Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!









Happy Monday!  I am popping in with a card to share.   I am playing along with this month's PTI Blog Hop Challenge!











When I saw this inspiration photo, I immediatly thought of a Christmas card so that it what I did.  The first thing I had to do was find the perfect bird from my PTI sets.  I chose this lovely dove from Christmas Faith set.  I die cut and stamped it using soft stone ink.  I layered several die cuts together to make it thicker for added dimension.  I also used wink of stella (maybe to extreme?excess?) to add some shimmer.



I set the dove to the side and stamped the holly and the berries in versamark and heat emboss in red and greens directly to the square of true black card stock.  I stamped and white embossed the sentiment from the same set.  I did not stress too much about white embossing fallout because I wanted some subtle stars to go along with the theme of the card.  


Since the inspiration photo had some warm tones in the bird, I thought I would use a kraft card stock base.  Since this card is pretty much CAS, I thought the card base needed a little something.  I stamped the background basic sheet music in versamark at  a slight angle for some added interest.   I added foam tape to the back of the black square  to add some dimension and added it to the base.  I toiled with adding some other embellishment, but in the end I left it just as it is.  

As always thanks so much for hopping by!

Betty

19 comments

  1. Lovely card! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful! Love the pretty dove! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could 'cas' a card like you! So simple and so perfect. A lovely card Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with a start on the Christmas cards. Just beautiful. I love the little holly in the birds mouth. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely inspired design Betty! love the dove and music stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how simple this is. The dove with the holly leaves in it's mouth mirrors the inspiration photo bird with the flowers/stems in it's mouth. Wonderful interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty this is simply beautiful and I love that you made it a Christmas card! Love the peace dove!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh so CAS and so sweet
    love your sweet tiny birdie here on your card
    see you maybe on my PTI card
    hugs from Germany
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS perfection Betty...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet CAS card Betty. Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply sweet...love your interpretation Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous, Betty! Love that you used the colors and dove on a Christmas card, that inspiration photo reminded me of Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking at your card is a treat with so many simple but perfect details in the planning! I have all the same stamps so may give your card a case in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.