Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Verve's October Mini Release Spotlight Hop!


Verve Stamps October 2017 Spotlight Hop



Welcome to Verve's October Mini Release Spotlight Hop! There's something new in the Verve shop today, and we're celebrating with a blog hop. Along the hop you'll see the Divas' first looks at the new Autumn Leaves stamp set and Falling Leaves die set. 


Verve is hosting a little giveaway, so why not join in the fun and hop along with us? Just leave a little shout out in the comments at each stop and you'll be in the prize drawing for the new products. Check out the Verve Blog today for a little more about the new goodies and all the prize info and deadlines.


Thanks for joining along with us in the hop!  If you got here from Christyne's blog you are in the right place on the hop!

Sit back and enjoy!  I have three cards to share with you today!
  
  

For my first card, I experimented with distressed oxide inks for the first time. I only own three, but I figure I had to start somewhere!    I blended candied apple and fossilized amber together for this card. 



Next, I stamped the outline leaves from the new Autumn Leaves stamp set using regular Ranger distressed inks and some versamark.  I love the way it turned out.  


I  die cut a piece of black card stock and stamped the sentiment using Verve's Stitched Pennant die set in versamark and heat set with a mixture of yellow and green embossing powders. 


 I finished my card with a few sequins from Harvest Gold sequin mix.




For my second card, I just had to copic color these adorable pumpkins included in the new Autumn Leaves stamp set. This set is full of so many fantastic images and sentiments for fall! 


I die cut and colored the pumpkins using the new Autumn Leaves stamp set and Falling Leaves die set.  I love this wonderful stitched rectangle frame.  A staple for any craft collection.  I added the sentiment and white embossed.  




I used foam tape to add my nested pumpkins at varying heights for added interest.  I finished with a few gold halfback pearls.  This is where I tell you I was not finished and actually added a lot of wink of stella to my pumpkins.  I mean these gourds shine! 




For my third card, I am rockin' it old school!  I broke out a few "vintage"  embossing folders!  These folders are almost 10 years old!  WOW!  Time flies!   I also used some rustic cream card stock I found in my stash.  I have not used that in forever, either.  





I stamped and die cut the leaves using the new Autumn Leaves stamp set and Falling Leaves die set.  I used foam blending circles to sponge diffferent colors onto the solid image before I stamped.  I love the soft subtle blend.  


I stamped the sentiment and clustered three leaves in the corner.  My focal panel is die cut using Cupcake Frames die set.




I rocked and rolled stamped the verticle strip using the smallest outlined leaf.  Again,  I finished my card with a few sequins from Harvest Gold sequin mix.  

Hey, did you know the Viva La Verve Sketch is back in action?  I used this sketch today on my "Thankful for You" card above.  Check it out because you can win a chance at a Verve prize if you play along there, too!





Thanks for sticking around til the end of my post!  You are not done yet, though.  There are prizes at stake!   Next on the hop is the wonderfully talented Teresa!



New Release Hop List
1. Julee6. Betty
2. Charmaine7. Teresa
3. Maureen8. Lesley
4. Marisa9. Laurie
5. Christyne



Autumn Leaves
Falling Leaves Die Set


As always thanks so much for hopping by!

Betty

45 comments

  1. Pretty cards! My favorite is the very last one! Thanks for inspiring me today!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are lovely. I like the way they progress from a little simpler to a bit more layering and then a lot more layers. The cream card stock is a good choice too. Could not even choose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are gorgeous, Betty! I LOVE that bright stack of orange pumpkins! It looks like fall!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all of your cards are spectacular. It is hard to pick a favorite, but the second one really grabs my attention. Thanks, for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great selection of cards, you can see you enjoyed using this super new set. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three cards are gorgeous! I am especially in love with the 2nd pumpkin patch. I just love the beautiful color of green & the textures; and all those yummy pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty! Your Fall cards are such fun! Love the pumpkins the most, but all wonderful. Sending hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow love your card samples - I am going to have to CaSe some of them lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards. When I scrolled to your first card the 'mouse-finger' was on the card, then I moved it over and a veil lifted, and it just Glowed! Lovely olive card with happy pumpkins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were busy with this set and love the trio you created :) Your pumpkin patch on the gorgeous olive is my favorite but swooning over the maple leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic cards.
    Love the warming yellow and red on the first.
    The pumpkins pop off the second and the
    layers of the last is wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your projects!! ANd the stamps too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG so many beautiful and different cards!
    Love all of them. Thanks for your inspiration, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow an array of beautiful cards!! What a feast to the eyes, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My, you were busy! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that you broke out the embossing folders for wonderful texture and layered designs! Your fall cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a treat to see three beautiful cards! Love the one layer card, which would be the hardest for me to make. Thanks so much for sharing these lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can’t day it often enough. Fall colors like you’ve used here are so lovely and vibrant. The cards are all lovely! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. stunningly gorgeous set of cards, betty!! you have showcased the stamps and dies to perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cards. I especially love the first one. The colors are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those cards are darn cute. The die cuts and stamps looks so pretty, I love the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable cards!!! Beautiful choice of colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Three cards-one more beautiful than the other. I see why I need this set!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What lovely cards! Your distress oxides are so pretty and I love all the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love! All different and all wonderful. I really like the sparkly pumpkins, what a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great use of products both old and new. Very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both cards are gorgeous! Cannot pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all of these fall cards--my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful fall cards! This new set is definitely a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, 3 fabulous cards. Love the details on each one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your cards are so pretty and full of fall color. I really like the heat embossing and the sequins

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOW they all are gorgeous cards.
    I love each of the design.
    Thank you for the inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are all so fabulous, Betty! Those colored pumpkins are sensational and I LOVE all that shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Some super cards with these images. Love the first one with your great shading and colors but they are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, so many gorgeous creations! I love the ways you used the new set and really love those pumpkins AND the font on the sentiments too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. All these cards are just perfect fall cards !

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful cards to celebrate fall! Love the colors and the stamps you used!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow-3 completely different cards!
    I love them all! The distressed background
    turned out fantastic! I love your leaves on the
    last card!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow! All three cards are beautiful, but your Distress Oxide card just took my breath away! I'm all about blending Distress inks nowadays (since I finally figured out how to do it after owning Distress inks for 9-10 years LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow 3 cards. Each with a different technique! So creative and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful cards! I TRIED to pick a favorite and couldn't! ;) Just WOW for all of them! Happy fall and pumpkin spice days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.