Friday, August 3, 2018

Happy Birthday!



Hello!  I am popping in with a card to share.  I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.




For the Make It Monday we are creating mixed background textures and for the Simon Says Stamp challenge we are stamping our own backgrounds.   I started with some PTI Select White card stock.  To stamp the background section,  I used the Glorious Globes: July Mini stamp set and stamped my background panel using new leaf and tropical teal inks.  


I layered the stamped panel with some foam tape over the Cover Plate: Harlequin die that was cut and adhered to a top folding PTI select white card stock base. I tucked in a strip of gold foil card stock.


For the focal image, I used the Orchid Expressions stamp set  and the Orchid Expressions dies along with the Tropics stamp set and Tropics die set.  I again used new leaf and tropical teal inks.  For one of the orchids I used pine feather ink on one of layers for some added depth.   I popped up the orchids with foam tape for added dimension.  


For the sentiment I used the larger of the sentiment dies from Wine Bottle Tag 2 die.  The sentiment is from Keep It Simple: Birthday III Mini stamp set.  I stamped with versamark and white embossed.   I finished the card with a few clear sequins. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!






7 comments

  1. Love these gorgeous colors! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Betty, you hit every layer loving button on me! Glorious card, especially that bg you created. Nope, can't love one part more than another, all GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous card! Colours, layers, texture, this card has it all! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Betty, I have to agree with the previous three comments! Not only did you use favorite colors of mine, but that strip of gold on the diagonal kicked it up another notch. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Betty! Love the colors and your layers. Great choice in all the stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely take on the challenge! Your card is my favorite of all the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, love all the green foliage and a touch of white to give it some balance.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.