Thursday, August 9, 2018

Smile!



Happy Thursday!  I am popping in with a fun card.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.



I am playing along with this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge, Freshly Made Sketches, and Stamp, Ink, and Paper Challenge.


 For my card I started with PTI select white card stock.  I used the cloud images from the Yellow Sunshine stamp set and stamped them all over the panel using spring rain ink.  I used my Tim Holtz stamping platform to ink the clouds up several times.


Next, I used one of the tiny images in the same stamp set to repeat stamp onto the clouds using blueberry sky ink.  I inked up all of the cloud images with the same tiny image to create some texture and dimension on the background.  I added some white gel dots to the centers.



I die cut some blueberry sky card stock and PTI select white using the butterflies from Love Lives Here and Signature Series: Butterfly die.  I layered two of the butterflies in contrast colors.  I die cut the "smile" die from Bold Borders Prism die.  I die cut the word twice with PTI select white and once with blueberry sky card stock and layered together.



 I sponged some versamark onto the bottom of the word for added definition as well as around the blueberry sky butterflies.   I added the panel to a top folding PTI select white card stock base using foam tape.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!







9 comments

  1. So lovely in blue and white, Betty. The patterned clouds are a brilliant way to fill your summer sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so pretty, I love the colours used and the patterns on the clouds and of course, butterflies, my favourite. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I love your take on the challenge! What a colorful card and blue is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stamped clouds are FABULOUS Betty and I love the whole blue and white color theme too...lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty monochromaatic card! Love your butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Love those background clouds and all the butterflies! The blue and white looks beautiful together! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love your colors and the Versamark around the edges of the butterflies and on the bottom of the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, your Blueberry Sky butterflies really pop against your cloudy background. Clever way to add your petite pattern in the clouds. Love the added white strip for your sentiment. Definitely makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love the blue and white! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.