Thursday, May 30, 2019

Congratulations!







Shake, Shake, Shake!   I am back again today with a layered shaker card to share!  


I am playing along with a few blog challenges.   I am playing along with Double D Challenge, Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge, and SSS Monday Challenge Frame It!




For my card, I am using the Decorative die set: Nested Stars. decided to make a layered shaker card.  These stars are perfect for a layered shaker because of the different angles and sides.  You can really see all those angles.



I started with some pure poppy card stock.  I die cut the second largest star from the Nested Star die set.  I die cut the next size out of PTI select white card stock.  Then, I die cut the next size out of  Enchanted evening card stock.  The background is the next size die cut from silver foiled card stock.
 



I wanted to add some texture to the top of the card without it being too busy.  I stamped a few of the outline roses in Altenew's Painted Flowers stamp set.  I used Scrapbook sky blue ink.  It was the perfect shade to stand out on this red background without getting washed out. 



I used some acetate with clear doubled sided tape to back each panel.  I layered foam tape around all the edges.  I added some assorted colors of sequins to each star panel.  I put each panel together.  I added all of the panels to a top folding PTI select white card stock base,


For the sentiment, I used a sentiment from Altenew's Rose Blossom stamp set.  I used a powder bag, versamark ink, and heat embossed using white embossing powder.


I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  I love the layered shaker look and sound!  A fun card to not only give but also to make!

  
Here is a list of many of the products I generally
 use every time I make a card.

foam tape (huge roll)

As always thanks so much for stopping by!




3 comments

  1. Fabulous shaker card! Love all of the layering and star frame. The stamped roses are perfect! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Frames" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Love the layered shaker card that is very patriotic and could be used for graduation or Memorial day or July 4th cards. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D "Frames" challenge. Good luck!
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous...love your sweet and festive shaker and those roses on the background, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.