Sunday, September 1, 2019

Merry Christmas Friend!



Happy Sunday! I am so thrilled to be a part of Simon Says Stamp 10th STAMPtember Celebration! 

Today, I have a card to share using the newly released Poinsettia background stamp along with Big Friend Shadow wafer die and  Tiny Words Christmas stamp set.

This Poinsettia background is amazing!  There is so much detailing.  Plus, with poinsettias I get to decide which pieces are the leafy green sections and which ones are the colorful ones. This allows me to change how the stamp will look every time.


For my card, I started with some Strathmore watercolor paper.  I used my anti-static powder bag, MISTI, and versamark ink and stamped Poinsettia background.  I used white embossing powder and heat embossed.  Next, I used my Arteza Real Brush Watercolor Markers with a fine tip water brush to color the Poinsettias.  


I die cut the and layered the Big Friend Shadow wafer die using my Gemini Jr.  I used Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.  Next, I stamp the sentiment. I cut this sentiment strip with my trimmer and added foam tape to pop it up. I brushed Wink of Stella over the word friend for some added depth as well as sparkle and shine. 


I added the the panel to a top folding green card stock base.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.  

Make sure to check out the Simon Says Stamp Blog to learn all about the Month Long STAMPtember Celebration!

I am playing along with TGIF Challenge.




As always thanks so much for stopping by!



2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see a different version of this card, at the STAMPtember post here!
    https://gbedwright.blogspot.com/2019/09/stamptember-blog-party.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.