Sunday, January 18, 2009

Live by Faith!


This card is for SCS Feature Stamper Challenge (FS102). Congratulations, Lori Craig!!!! Fantastic gallery!!! Here is the card I chose to case!!!

I tried to stay in the blue and neutral category like Lori as well as use a scripture, pattern dp, layered flowers, piercing, and the same textured corner cb ef. I did add a MS punch border to my corner piece. I did not include a sentiment, but I did shrinky dink the cross charm. I am really proud of myself. I used TWO buttons. I was on a thread the other night and the subject of buttons came up. I have not used buttons in a long time. I decided to use them today. TWO of them!!!!! Can you believe it? LOL!!! The stamp set I used is ODBD He is Risen! I kept the layout and details fairly simple to comply with Lori's sketch card that I chose. I layered some paper flowers and sponged some Ranger Antique linen over the top to mute the colors a bit. I added linen thread to the two buttons to finish the card. I love shrinky dink. I have not used it much. I actually stamped the nail cross onto cream shrinky dink and used my nestabilities scalloped oval to cut it out. The details of this image are amazing. I added some punched out cuttlebug faux brads to the corners to create some balance. What do you think?

I bought this box of K&Company papers at Michael's the other day ONLY because it was 50% off. I love a deal!!!! It has 150 patterned papers. Now, the paper is not heavy by any means, and the prints are fairly muted which is why I decided to go with this...something a little different. I actually love the storage box in comes in. For little more than a half cent a sheet and the box, I was thrilled. So, I am going through the box and sorting by color groups. I am on a muted blue and green kick!!! Also, I happened by the marked down while at Michael's I purchase some discounted chipboard buttons for $.33 racks. I picked up a brown hue and a blue hue of chipboard buttons. I had a 20% off total purchase coupon so these were a great find!!! For this card the colors the button patterns were perfect and I did not have to alter them. Thought I would share!!!!

Stamps- ODBD He is Risen!

Paper- The Paper Company cream, night of navy, K&Company dp

Ink- night of navy, Ranger antique linen

Accessories- Paper flowers, chipboard buttons, night of navy buttons, linen thread, MS border punch, cb ef, piercing template, photo corner punch, dimensionals, sponges, 1/4" hole punch, shrinky dink, nestabilities

10 comments

  1. Just gorgeous Betty! That dp is really pretty! Different looking! Cool how u hung the cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat colors together and I like that corner punched! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, you are on fire lately with these awesome cards! This one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beauty Betty! I'm not much of a button person either, so I'm proud of you for using two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love buttons this card is awesome
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty this is rich and beautiful! I love these colors, great job with shrinking the cross. This is a rich beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such rich blue hues! Absolutely gorgeous as usual!! You're a perfect addition to the ODBD team...glad you're creating with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Card! You used all of my favorite warm colors!!! A real beauty!!! Your blog looks great too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors and the details!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. So darling!! This is gorgeous with your colors and flowers!! STUNNING AGAIN!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.