Sunday, January 18, 2009

This card is for SCS Feature Stamper Challenge (FS102). Congratulations, Lori Craig!!!! Fantastic gallery!!! Here is the card I chose to case!!!

I tried to stay in the blue and neutral category like Lori as well as use a scripture, pattern dp, layered flowers, piercing, and the same textured corner cb ef. I did add a MS punch border to my corner piece. I did not include a sentiment, but I did shrinky dink the cross charm. I am really proud of myself. I used TWO buttons. I was on a thread the other night and the subject of buttons came up. I have not used buttons in a long time. I decided to use them today. TWO of them!!!!! Can you believe it? LOL!!! The stamp set I used is ODBD He is Risen! I kept the layout and details fairly simple to comply with Lori's sketch card that I chose. I layered some paper flowers and sponged some Ranger Antique linen over the top to mute the colors a bit. I added linen thread to the two buttons to finish the card. I love shrinky dink. I have not used it much. I actually stamped the nail cross onto cream shrinky dink and used my nestabilities scalloped oval to cut it out. The details of this image are amazing. I added some punched out cuttlebug faux brads to the corners to create some balance. What do you think?

I bought this box of K&Company papers at Michael's the other day ONLY because it was 50% off. I love a deal!!!! It has 150 patterned papers. Now, the paper is not heavy by any means, and the prints are fairly muted which is why I decided to go with this...something a little different. I actually love the storage box in comes in. For little more than a half cent a sheet and the box, I was thrilled. So, I am going through the box and sorting by color groups. I am on a muted blue and green kick!!! Also, I happened by the marked down while at Michael's I purchase some discounted chipboard buttons for $.33 racks. I picked up a brown hue and a blue hue of chipboard buttons. I had a 20% off total purchase coupon so these were a great find!!! For this card the colors the button patterns were perfect and I did not have to alter them. Thought I would share!!!!

Stamps- ODBD He is Risen!

Paper- The Paper Company cream, night of navy, K&Company dp

Ink- night of navy, Ranger antique linen

Accessories- Paper flowers, chipboard buttons, night of navy buttons, linen thread, MS border punch, cb ef, piercing template, photo corner punch, dimensionals, sponges, 1/4" hole punch, shrinky dink, nestabilities

10 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Betty! That dp is really pretty! Different looking! Cool how u hung the cross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat colors together and I like that corner punched! Your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, you are on fire lately with these awesome cards! This one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beauty Betty! I'm not much of a button person either, so I'm proud of you for using two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love buttons this card is awesome
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty this is rich and beautiful! I love these colors, great job with shrinking the cross. This is a rich beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such rich blue hues! Absolutely gorgeous as usual!! You're a perfect addition to the ODBD team...glad you're creating with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Card! You used all of my favorite warm colors!!! A real beauty!!! Your blog looks great too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors and the details!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. So darling!! This is gorgeous with your colors and flowers!! STUNNING AGAIN!! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search