Wednesday, January 21, 2009

His Hands!


This card is for two challenges!!!! It snowed here yesterday and I did not get much stamping time in. However, I really loved the color combination from yesterday's SCS Color Challenge (CC202). Great colors, Emily!!!! I also wanted to play in today's SCS Sketch Challenge(SC212).Thanks, Roxie for a great sketch!!!
I used ODBD Lift Your Hands set. This set is so versatile. I love the praying hands image with the comtemporary background. I tried to keep the card pretty simple since the sketch has so many layers. I used some SU Bella Rose dp because it has the kiwi kiss print. I love the polka dots. I embraced the bold color combo which I love and went with it. I also used two cuttlebug ef textures. I finished my card with a lot of sponging and two huge white brads that I have had for a long time. I thought they looked great with the white dots in the background dp. I did add a touch of a bow knot at the top. As far as my layout goes, I did stagger the colors on the vertical panel at the bottom just to create some interest. What do you think?
The funny thing about it snowing here yesterday for the first time in years is that the kids were already out of school with mid-semester break. It is starting to melt. It was fun while it lasted!!!
STAMPS ODBD Lift Your Hands
PAPER Bravo Burgandy, Regal Rose, Bella Rose dp, gp white
INK Bravo Burgandy, Regal Rose, Adirondack Lettuce
ACCESSORIES white 5/8" grosgrain, cuttlebug ef, nestabilities small long scallops, and classic rectangles, CAD, sponges, foam tape, photo corner punch, MM jumbo brads

8 comments

  1. this is a very pretty card like all the colors and the big brads
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is a fantastic color combination and your card is stunning! Love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful use of the sketch and colors Betty! And I love the touches of white too, really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is another GORGEOUS ODBD creation!! Wonderful work Betty!! I have enjoyed seeing what you're up to!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the contemporary feel of this...those big brads are really cool!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Love the texture and dots! Wasn't that snow FUN!! We had a blast in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fun, bright, cheery colors of this card Betty!! And those large white brads are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Betty, what a fabulous double challenge card....I just love the stamps you used...absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.