Saturday, January 10, 2009

This card covers two challenges. First, it is for the Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge 09 at SCS. Check out the link HERE for more information. I chose ODBD Path of Life for my first card for this challenge. This card is also for the Inspiration Challenge (IC162) at SCS today. We were to choose a Tenugui towel. I searched and searched and could not decide on any one pattern. I did find a picture with a stack of several patterns. I thought I could definitely try to use some of those patterns in my card. Here is my inspiration picture. I think I covered the rectangles at the top with the shapes and layer of my card. Swirls, scallops, dots, and interlocking patterns from the dp.
I used some of The Paper Company's brown that I sponged with Ranger Walnut stain to make it look richer in color. I bought a box of some K&Co dp at Michael's yesterday because it was half priced and it came in a very usable 12 X 12 box. I also think that the assortment of the dp is fantastic. The paper may not be the heaviest weight dp, but when layering on cards, it works fine. I stamped the main image onto gp white using Ranger vintage photo ink. I sponged on some pretty in pink, some antique linen, and some more vintage photo so that the image is more of a subtle reference from the scripture. I stamped the scripture and sponged it some as well to match the rest of the card. I used a fiskars border punch and cb corner die cut corner to bring more pink into the card. I added cb swiss dot photo corners for some texture. I added some brown MM brad and used some gold pearls/domes on the top layer and corners to add alittle more elegance to the card.
STAMPS
ODBD Path of Life
PAPER
The Paper Company's brown, pink pirouette, K & Co. dp
INKS
Ranger antique linen, walnut stain, vintage photo, pretty in pink
ACCESSORIES
Fiskar border punch, CB die cut and embossing folder, small long scalloped rectangle Nestabilities, gold pearls/domes, brwon MM brads, sponges

5 comments:

  1. Betty it's so beautifully multi-layered...and I love the soft pink on the path, perfect for the verse. Beautifully done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty..I think this is absolutely beautiful!! I love the pink accents on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I love all the many layers and textures...so much to look at! Beautiful!!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful card, luv it, sue.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

About Me


Welcome to my blog where I love
to share the things I do with paper.

I Design For

I Design For

Places I Love to Shop!

Check It Out!

Translate

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Social

All content (including text, photographs, and design work) is © Betty Wright. My artwork (all original unless otherwise stated) is shared only for your personal inspiration and may not be copied for publication or contest submission. Thank you so much for honoring!

Blog Archive

Search