Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC47 and SCS CC250!!




It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC47)! This week Cindy Haffner is our host. Cindy is challenging us to ATC or Artist Trading Cards. These wonderfully sized trading cards 2.5 X 3.5 are perfect for making quick last minute cards. If you make a bunch ahead of time all you need to do is add it to a card base. Get creative with these trading cards and join us in the fun! Here is a link from SCS to give you alittle more insight into ATC. We would love to see what you create!

For my Flourishes ATC I am using ONE of my favorite Flourishes sets called Thank You. I stamped the script writing in this set using vintage photo ink that I stamped off one time. I stamped the flower in Momento Tuxedo black ink. I sponged the area with some sunflower ink. I cut the cardstock and used a border punch on one side. I sponged some vintage ink around the edges to vintage it up a bit and my trading card was done. To show you how a trading card looks when added to a card, I completed my standard 5.5 card size and added my trading card to the center.










This completed card is for today's SCS Color Combo Challenge(CC250)! This week is all about Crushed Red Sand! We are using Crushed Curry, Real Red, Sahara Sand, and neutrals of choice. The week's dessert option is button(s)! I am using Flourishes Classic Ivory cardstock. I colored the tulip with Flourishes Copic Color Collection in Poppy and Dusty Rose. With half of the country it seems covered in snow, these colors lend themselves to some warmer looks! Of course, they could also be used to make some last minute Christmas cards or tags, too!

For the Sahara Sand background panel, I am using one of the decorative images in the Flourishes Many Sentiments sets. I stamped repeatedly. Then, I sponged the edge lightly with some antique linen and vintage photo inks. Nothing says summertime and warm weather like gingham ribbon! I also added the dessert option button to the top with soem Ivory May Arts string!



To see what the rest of the blog design team created for you this week with stenciling, please click the blog links below to check them out.

Silke Ledlow

Dee Jackson

Cindy Haffner







11 comments

  1. Have always loved that ruffled poppy and you have coloured it fabulously, Betty! Great use of the ATC on the card. Beautiful card :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done and your teacher cards are also gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Betty. That's one of my favorite sets, too, and you have done a magnificent job with it. Love your button/bow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card - Betty!!! Love these colors...If I have time later I'll try to play the CC :)!!!
    Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, your card is so elegent, love the colors and the big bow...;-) Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your work Betty, wonderful job on both challenges. Holiday Hugs Cindy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredibly gorgeous! The atc has such a beautiful vintage look to it - love the bottom punch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this gorgeous ATC, Betty! Love how you made a card with it! Beautiful color combo, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Betty! Such a stunning creation! This is my favorite Flourishes image, and you have knocked it out of the park!!

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how BEAUTIFUL. I love that ruffled tulip...it's one of my favorites from Flourishes....but I'm ESPECIALLY loving it paired with that big red gingham bow!

    Merry Christmas to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always just oh and ah over your cards Betty! I love this set and love how you showed the ATC on a finished card! The bow is gorgeous and I love the button on it! Just beautiful! I hope you have a most blessed Christmas! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.