Monday, December 28, 2009

You Have Been Missed! SCS CC251!




This card is for today's SCS Color Combo Challenge(CC251)! This week is all about Barely Dusty Grays! We are to use Barely Banana, Dusty Durango, and Basic Gray colors! This week's dessert option is Charming! Add a Charm of choice to your card/project!

I am using one of ODBD sets called Flourished Christian Symbols! I must say this is one of my favorite sets from ODBD. Now, I own a lot and have lots of favorites, but there is something about a solid image stamp that just works ALL of the time! I love to color images and find that process fun, but to play around with different looks with a solid image just by the colors I choose is just amazing to me. I rocked and rolled this beautiful dove. I used really rust ink(do not own the dd ink pad) and slightly touched some smokey shadow to the edges a bit. I love how it turned out. I added a tiny gold pearl eye detailing. I finished with some gold pearls, ribbon bow, flower punches with gold metallic dew drops centers, and heart charm! I really love this color combo today, too! I admit that the dd is growing on me a bit!


Stamps
ODBD Flourished Christian Symbols
Paper
Smokey Shadow, Ivory, Barely Banana, Dusty Durango, Basic Gray, SU dusty durango dsp
Accessories
MS border punch, mini bowdabra, SU triple flower punch, gold pearls, gold metallic dew drops, foam tape, glue dots, sponge, heart charm, gold bowdabra wire


15 comments

  1. Betty - your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love all the details you added!!! And I just realized I used the same punch on my card...LOL!!! The double layer on your card looks soooo cool...I'm gonna have to remember that :)!!!

    Thanks for a fun color combo!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Betty, this is stunning. That color combo is fantastic and the card detailing is just amazing! Hugs to you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING as always Betty. Thanks so much for inviting me to play with you. Hugs Cindy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Betty!! I love all those layers, and these colors are so warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these colors, Betty. And the card is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, oh I like these colors. Might have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Betty!! Love your layout!! So rich and gorgeous!! I would not have thought to use those colors together. I did join in your challenge and thanks for having me think out of the box.

    hugs to you,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful card, Betty...such a wonderful image and I just love the background panel with the scallops!!! Love that gorgeous bow, too!!! I hope the New Year showers you and your family with many blessings...hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty,
    Best wishes to you for a new year filled with many blessings, good health, and much happiness!
    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just sooo beautiful, Betty!! I love how the tips of the image are in brown!! Love the wonderful ribbon and charm too!!

    Happy New Year to your my friend! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great image and a fabulous card. Love the bow and the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.