Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC95), SCS CC299, Mojo, and More!




It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC95)!  It is the last Tuesday of the month so we have us a challenge host! Mona Pendleton is our challenge host this month! Thanks so much Mona! Mona is challenging us to doilies! You can use actual doilies or create your own with punches or die cuts. The object is to have a doily look! We look forward to seeing what you create!

For my card I am using Flourishes Christmas Classics stamp set.  I found this wonderful inspiration piece from the 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge.   It worked out perfectly since I could only find silver doilies at the store.  I thought the silver doily looked sort of like the mirror in the inspiration piece.  I am using the colors from SCS CC299 Old Olive, River Rock, and Real Red!  I am also using the sketch from MojoMonday167.   

Here is a bit of a close up of the glitzy snow stockings.  I used a glue pen to add some touches of sparkle to the top of the stockings and the items in the stocking.  I added more thicker dots of glue for a more snow glittered effect on the stocking.  I also used a diecut red glitter cardstock circle to back the ivory stocking focal circle.   Lately,  I am a bit glitter crazed!  Imagine that!

I am entering this in the following challenges...most are for Christmas!

Christmas Stampin' - CHRISTMAS and anything goes
Crafty Catz - Christmas
Stampin For The Weekend winter
Crafty Sentiments - Christmas
Artful Inkables - Punches/Diecuts
Hodge Podge Shop - Anything Goes
Little Paper Shop - Diecuts
Scrappy Frogs - Christmas
Stamp and Create - 'Tis the Season
Alota Rubber Stamps - Christmas
Cute Card Thursday- A blast from the past (Christmas cards or projects)
Stamp Insanity - try something new(I used a doily for the first time I think)!
Stampin' B's - holiday card
ABC Christmas  - CHRISTMAS and x is for xmas
Crafty Creations - christmas
Freshly Brewed - winter or christmas
Inktegrity - anything goes
Creative Belli - "R" embellishments (Ribbon and Royal Purple)
Fab 'n' Funky - anything goes
Gingerloft:  Adding a bow
Speedy the Cat:  Adding a bow to your card


 Be sure to check out the blog team designers to see what they created with doilies!


As always, thanks so much for stopping by!






40 comments

  1. So, so festive and beautiful Betty! Perfect card for the holidays! hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Betty! You did a fabulous job coloring all the detail! Love the pretty bow, tag and doily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm off to get the silver doilies, lol! Your card is super beautiful Betty!! I love the touch of snow on the stockings and fantastic details with embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Betty, this is BEAUTIFUL!! I love your card! It's as unique as it is lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect of the dollie on your card! Your bow with the rose is awesome and who wouldn't love your stockings. Beautiful coloring as always. Just love your inspiration. THanks so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Just super :) Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a fabulous festive creation! thanks for joining in our challenge on the ABC Christmas blog.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What A fab festive card Betty. Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those stockings are so pretty, Betty! Glitter crazed? I think Christmas calls for lots of glitter and sparkle and I love it! I'm so glad you joined the Stampin B's holiday challenge with this gorgeous creation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, Betty! I apologize for being so behind in my comments to our Paper Doll group. still battling hand issues, but have seen all your wonderful creative cards! Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Pretty Betty..Love the richness and you have inspired me to use my doilies that I bought.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card - such a cute image! Thanks for playing with Speedy's friends!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! Love the stitching and the bow. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so elegant Betty, beautiful card hun!
    Thanks so much for playing along @ Creative Belli!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card - love all the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and gorgeous coloring!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty card! Love the ribbon. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Bettie! Love the doily off center and the cute curly string in your bow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - your card is very TACTILE - firstly I think the doily is such a fantastic touch to your creation. Then the other elements make it so exciting as well - I'm especially attracted to the rossette in the midst of the bow... I'd never thought about doing something like this. I'm inspired, thank you.

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  19. The silver doily is perfect for your inspiration piece...and I love all the added elements!! Gorgeous card, Betty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Bettie. The image and colors are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
    Hugs, Neeti

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just beautiful Betty!! Love the doily, stitching and ribbon treatment :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely selection of cards, cute stamp too, thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge this time, Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautifully colored Christmas card Betty - love the addition of the doily and the ribbon treatment is just perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card, love the colours & that ribbon looks great!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Gingerloft good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. what a holiday classic...beautiful....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Betty

    Thanks for the welcome and for linking up over at my blog, just about to do the same here and have a nose round.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow - this is gorgeous!! I love the lace doily - what an awesome touch! Fabulous! :) Thoroughly *thankful* that you chose to Challenge Yourself and share your work with us at StampInsanity!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  28. Betty, I love everything about this holiday card. The silver doily sets off the framing so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great card, and your doily looks fab!
    Thanks so much for joining in our Try Something New challenge at StampInsanity :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is beautiful, thanks for playing with us!

    Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous card! The doily is perfect! Wow to all those challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You always get it just "Wright", Betty! This is awesome and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Betty, I came to comment on your "Peace on Earth" card at ODBD blog. I can't find it here, so I'll just say that this one is lovely - the doily and all the embellies are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card and love the decorative Chrissy bow :)
    Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges.
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so pretty Betty. I love the way you used your ribbon.. You are so great with ribbon.. This has such a vintage feel.. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks so much for playing at Gingerloft. Wonderful job!! I love the vintage look.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the feel of this card! It is so cozy, warm and vinatge! Thank you for playing with us at Gingerloft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  38. That is an amazing Christmas card. Love those greens and ribbons... that's pretty nice.
    I so love it!
    Regards,
    Marilyn @ Christmas wishes greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.