Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happy Birthday, C4C and MORE!




Happy Saturday, everyone!  It is time for another challenge with the crazies at Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C156).   Andrea is the hostess for September.     This week she challenges us to use leaves on our creations!   Check out the link to see who the sponsor is this week and for a chance at prices!



For the challenge I chose to make a Happy Birthday card just to show you a fun way to add leaves to any theme really.  I am using Verve's newly released Borderline and Doodled Occasions along with Sunny Days stamp sets.  I am using Verve's Mini  Classy Label and Leafy Sprigs die sets.  I am using this week's I Spy Sketches 35.  I am also playing along with the Kraft Journal:  Make it Monday "Clean and Simple Challenge."

I am using some Echo Park For the Record 2 Documented designer paper along with an embossed kraft card stock background panel that I not only inked distressed but also added versamark to rich it up a bit.   I try to keep the card pretty simple in keeping with the sketch.  I did add some rustic twine with a few textured corrugated leaves and a number for a charm.  I added two additional die cut leaves in black that I stamped with the coordinating leafy sprigs stamp using versamark for a more subtle look.  I stamped the Classy Label die frame and layered with the companion mini die cut which is slightly larger.  I used a sentiment from Doodled Occasions where the font I think is in keeping with a whimsical Birthday card for my nephew who is turning 4!  

Check out what the rest of the team did with this week's challenge!



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

Stamps Verve's  Borderline and Doodled Occasions along with Sunny Days

Paper  Flourishes classic ivory, Echo Park For the Record 2 Documented
Ink Memento black, Ranger brushed corduroy
Accessories  PTI stripes impressions plate, PTI twine,  Verve's Cut Above Mini  Classy Label and Leafy Sprigs die sets, foam tape, corrugated card board, MFT numbers die

11 comments

  1. Love this...I have a box of those kraft corrugated 6x6 cards to open when I get back from hospital...Would like to try smething like yours...It is a wonderful card.
    Do you mind if I pin it? Don't want to forget it and may not have my memory at it's best shortly after surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun birthday card Betty, love how you incorporated the leaves on this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fun looking with the background numbers but simple to because of the colors used... Love how you used the leaves and the corrogated paper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fun number paper and love the corrugated goodness all over the card! Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool card - very fall without screaming, lol. Texture always adds so much, I think ! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Kraft Journal !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the card Betty!!!! Those leaves are perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty...this is fabulous...love the leaves...wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you going CAS! Love it -- Thanks for joining in with I Spy Sketches~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love all the detals. The leaves are such a fun touch this time of year. Gottta remember to do that for that special added touch. Thanks for the idea.

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, this is CAS for you! Love the paper and all the corrugated elements! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.