Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September Divas Inspiration HOP!



Welcome to the  September Diva Inspirations Blog Hop!   The Verve Divas are here to inspire you with a little Verve! You can start the Hop at the Verve blog.  Continue through and comment on each fabulous blog and leave a little comment love and you just might win some Vervey goodness of your very own!  I am first on the hop so if you got here from  the Verve Blog you are in the right spot.  Be sure to check out the awesome line up of divas we have for you this month.


1. Betty8. Amber
2. Jen d.9. Amy
3. Jen T.10. Andrea
4. Julee11. Janelle
5.Sankari12. Maureen
6. Sony13. Teresa
7. Susan14. Tosha





For my card today I am using Verve's Bright Spirits stamp set.  I am also using Verve's Cut Above Pennant Trim and Winter Fun dies.   
I realized the other day that I had no Christmas cards made yet this year.  Usually I have several completed by now so when December rolls around I have a stash ready to mail.  Makes for one less thing to have on my Christmas "to do" list.  Yikes!   I must get busy!

For this card I broke out some new MME Christmas papers.  I chose to go with more neutral muted tones for this card and let some of the paper's images work for me.  I let the sentiment and sparkly accents be the pop this Christmas card needed for completion.  I am using this week's Mojo Monday sketch257.  I layered my papers, glittered card stock die cuts, added my sentiments, and finished with a seam binding bow.  I totally love the pennant trim die, but I love it even more cut with this glitter card stock.  And, while this tree die cut has a stamp to go with it, it is still beautiful cut with just the glitter card stock. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy the hop!  Next up is the super talented Jen d.'s Blog!




As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

Supplies 
Stamps Verve's Bright Spirits stamp set
Paper The Paper Company kraft, PTI vintage cream, MME dp
Ink Memento black and rhubarb, Ranger Brushed Corduroy
Accessories Spellbinders, seam binding, red gem, glitter card stock, MFT die namics,  foam tape, dimensionals, Verve's Cut Above Pennant Trim and Winter Fun dies.

43 comments

  1. Gorgeous, I love all the glitter on the die cuts. cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Christmas! What a pretty card and a great take on the sketch. I love the little glittered banner on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty this is just gorgeous - and a perfect reminder that I need to get back to making my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty Betty! I love the row of banners and glittered tree. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the diecuts. I have 1 Christmas card done. This is great inspiration to get started on more. Christmas will be here before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sparkly papers you used and your take on the Mojo sketch :) Good for you for getting some Christmas cards done early!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Christmas card Betty! I love the vintage look, layers and that pretty glimmery tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super stunning vintage Christmas card! I always fall in love with your bows and this one is no different! Great sparkle too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the glittered tree, it stands out and the verse is simple, may your Christmas be bright is nicely chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red glitter accents too. that banner die cut is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Love all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First time I'm taking part in the blog hop!
    Your card is beautiful and
    reminds me that I have to get
    started on Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card. It's so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty --I like the sketch and the sparkly pennants.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that tree and the shine to it! Beautifully done!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful card. I love all the little elements on this card - the sparkly glitter, the gorgeous sentiments, the DP, and that fabulous bow! It's perfect. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful Betty! I love the glittered card stock die cuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! Great inspiration for a set that I own.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Christmas red and sparkle! You did an awesome job with this sketch. I lost a lot of sleep trying to follow it for an entry at Mojo Monday, but I love what you did with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am LOVING all the glitter on this card and your take on the sketch. Such a festive elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful christmas card you have made! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty Betty! Love the Vintage vibe and shimmery Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, Betty!!! :)

    Thanks so much for taking the time to share,

    Jennifer
    Partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. GORGEOUS! I love the warm, at home Christmas feel of your card. I am ready for the holidays now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous Christmas card! Love the glittery die cuts and the beautiful bright red bow.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful. Love the flags and the Cherub! Nice touch. TFS on this fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. love your card, very vintagie.
    Barbara Bird / Gecko Galz DT
    MdStrwbery@aol.com
    MdStrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! Love the way you transformed this sketch for such a beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful Christmas card! Love that tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. How seriously gorgeous, Betty! I love that you have a lot of white space....it really makes that bow, tree, and all those banner dies POP!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is so beautiful!! I love the glittered diecuts, specially that pennant trim!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this! I love the sparkely fishtails at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a brilliant Christmas card! I am trying ot make a dent in my Christmas cards at the moment and this is very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card! Tis the season to start on Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great Christmas card..love the glitter tree and mat and the pennant border.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Betty, this is awesome! I love all the wonderful details, including that great sparkly tree! Super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your card! Love how you made those glitter pennants peek out!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Betty this is gorgeous! I am just loving that little banner border.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.