Thursday, February 28, 2013

For the Love of Easter Hop!




For the Love  
of  God's Love Hop!



Welcome to Our Daily Bread Design's Alumni Team's bi-monthly For the Love Blog Hop.  This week the Alumni team along with some of the ODBD designers are featuring a hop For the Love of Easter! Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links.  One of the posts is a hop hot spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $15 ODBD store gift certificate.  So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love!  You have until Wednesday, March 13th, at 6 pm.   Enjoy all the beautiful designs featuring For the Love of Easter!

If you got here from the wonderfully talented Tosh's blog, you are in the right place. 





For my card I am using ODBD The Lord Has Risen, Grunge Cross single,  and ODBD custom Grunge Cross die.   I stamped the cross using Memento peanut brittle ink.  I die cut using ODBD Custom Grunge Cross die.  I inked the edges and added a tonal gem to the center.  I stamped the scripture from The Lord Has Risen set.  I finished with a seam binding bow topped with a resin flower.





As always thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy the hop!  Next up is the fabulously talented Lisa's blog.


Betty



I just wanted to say it was by the Grace of God that this post happened at all.  A couple of weeks ago I could not go live for the Love Hop due to router issues. Wednesday my lap top crashed!  Last weekend my camera refused to keep a charge.    I took this picture with my phone camera.   I apologize for the quality as I had to use my son's laptop for editing.  Again, I thank God for helping me with this post!  I truly hope it is a Blessing to someone!  I kept repeating the scripture!

43 comments

  1. Very striking Betty, the added black layers really make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful Easter card Betty!! I just love your combo of patterns and colors...so warm!! The bow, stitching and layout just add to it's elegance. Gorgeous Easter card!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful--the cross really stands out against the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Betty - a lovely card. The colors are wonderful, and the black really is striking. The cross image is very pretty. I especially like the left side of your card where you have sewn a small black and white print panel - looks amazing! Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, this is so cool and so gorgeous at the same time!!! Love the colors and total design! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, Beautiful card! God bless you!

    Love In Christ,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL CARD Betty! :) You did a FABULOUS JOB on this!!!!!!! LOVE the papers you used & the Cross stamp & die!!!!!!!!!!:)BEAUTIFULLY PUT TOGETHER!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was worth your effort to post as this is a lovely card. The black and gold give a nice masculine feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The papers you chose for this card and the very graphic design is very striking. It would be perfect to send to anyone, man or woman. The layout is very thoughtful and the sewing really adds depth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the color combo and shapes. Fabulous Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I never would have thought to put browns and black together. Now I'll try doing that. Good job. Thanks loads,
    Candy Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very unique. Love the sewing.
    Ruth Howie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very unique. Love the sewing embellishment on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is fabulous! So different to the usual spring like colours ,this would appeal to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Betty! This is over-the-top gorgeous! I love the patterns and those luscious colors! I'm so glad you were able to post this - it is a blessing to me just to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card! And it did not look like it was taken from a phone camera - not even that could detract from its beauty! So glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely. The colours are great and a change from the usual. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awsome I sure hope you dont mind if I try to recreat this one

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like the colors. The popped up cross is great touch.
    Thanks for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hadn't thought to use the grunge cross for an Easter card...but it really works...and the sentiment is perfect. Love how your creative minds can combine elements from different sets! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty...love the neutral colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So often Easter is about bright colors - yet this is so classy and so beautiful with simple browns and blacks. The colors may be simple but the design is lovely! A great use of the stamps and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Betty! I love this cross and your bow is wonderful! TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card, love that cross, could also use that for a confirmation card. Mary L Schreiber

    ReplyDelete
  25. Again, one of my favorite releases! I like the papers that you paired it with.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the card. Great color choice.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, the cross really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Betty, Your choice of papers and raised cross is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card! Love the added stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love how this pretty cross is framed out...love the colors too Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a gorgeous design! Such pretty colors and I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow what a Beautiful card. the Details in the cross is Amazing. love the blending of the colors thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very striking in that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Spectacular card Betty! This new sets and die are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Betty I am a Betty too and your card is lovely and
    I Love the verse one of my favorite's.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so beautiful!! This is an unusual cross to use for Easter, but it works so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow!! gorgeous!! those stamps really work together!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  39. very pretty, just love how the cross pops against the black background, neat stitching and lovely bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.