Saturday, February 25, 2017

February Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!






I am popping in with a couple of cards to share.  I am playing along with this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.   Here is the inspiration photo.  






Here is the first card:  Birthday Wishes!




I played off of the gray, peach, and pink tones in the photo. My kids told me I was very low on Birthday themed cards, so I decided to make two.  


For the first card I used smokey shadow card stock, Holiday Greens stamp set and coordinating dies, and the sentiment is from Colorpop Autumn Kit.  The floral is stamping in Melon Berry.   I finished with a few black sequins on this one.



Here is the second card:  Happy Birthday!





Both are very similar.  Just changed up the color of the floral, the sentiment, and which  background panel would get the texture.   I did swipe direct to paper the versamark pad to create some added texture on the background.  




The second card uses all of the same except the sentiment is from Tulip Time. The floral image is stamped in Autumn Rose.  I finished with a few clear sparkle sequins.



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty





25 comments

  1. I love these cards, Betty! Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful cards. I love the color choices and the gold sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your card design. Those flower buds are so elegant against the rich smoky shadow background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful elegant design, betty... both cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty! Love your awesome cards! I was wishing I had black sequins today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Your black texture and sequins are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty cards, love the gold on the smokey shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Love the sequins, colors and card design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards!! Love the textured panel behind your flowers. What a great way to use the Christmas stamps and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely designs, Betty! I just love how the flower and leaf pop against the textured black background. Stunning use of that set!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty your cards are lovely and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! One thing I'm definitely enjoying with the blog hop is all of the stunning cards using dark backgrounds! These are both so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful, I love the texture on your background and wonderful layou!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creations, Betty! I need to use Autumn Rose more often--just love that color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are just lovely, Betty! Changing the piece that's textured results in two different looks, as well as the Melon Berry and Autumn Rose florals. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both absolutely lovely Betty! I love how striking they both are with the dark cardstock and then the bright pops with the lovely god embossed fern and the bright flowers! Stunning and elegant cards Betty!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betty, so pretty! Love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both your cards are really beautiful Betty. The dark cardstock really shows off the blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both cards are striking, Betty! Love the black layered backgrounds and pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful...love all the elegant and gorgeous black!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Betty. Love the black layers. The flower bunch just pops off the background. Lovely and so classy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.