Sunday, March 18, 2018

Happy Birthday Wonderful Friend!




Happy Sunday!  I had some time to get crafty!  I am poppy in with a card to share.  I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.  I am playing along with Inspired by All the Little Things, Sunday Stampsand Seize the Birthday.











For this card I started with some PTI Bitty Big Soft Stone color collection to mimic the subtle stripes in the table cloth from the inspiration photo.  I recently purchased a Decofoil pen and some foil.  I never really got into the foiling trend, but the pen did intrigue me, so I thought I would give it a try. I used a ruler to create  a frame using the pen to make the lines.  I did it a few times pressing and burnishing the foil into the tacky glue line as I went.  I went around the rectangle frame twice.  I am pretty sure this is not how foiling should look, but it was my very first attempt and I really love the distressed look frame I created, so I decided to use it.  


I die cut and stamped the images from PTI Corner Adorner: February Mini stamp set and Corner Adorner: February die.  I used berry sorbet, raspberry fizz, harvest gold, bright buttercup and honey nut inks for the flowers.  I used simply chartreuse and prairie grass inks for the leaves.  I double stamped a sentiment from Penned Elegance stamp set.  The tiny little dots that come in the set I stamped around the flower for a whimsical effect using more berry sorbet ink. I layered this striped panel onto some berry sorbet card stock to mimic the napkin on the plate.  I added all of this to a PTI stampers select white card stock base.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



10 comments

  1. This is beautiful, Betty! I love that foiled frame over the striped paper! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your foiled frame! I think it is perfect in the rustic look and I love your corner adorners with that wonderful sentiment! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful card, Betty - love these layered flowers, and I am fascinated by the foiling on the card front - what a great look! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it matters if that is how foiling _should_ look, because this way looks great! Love the sketchy but shiny look. The entire card is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Betty! Love how the foiling isn't perfect, more rustic/casual. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, your birthday card rocks! Love your bold flowers against the striped DSP, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining the fun at Sunday Stamps! this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, I am so intrigued with your gold foiling. I have never tried it and this is gorgeous! Such a creative way to use the sketch! GORGEOUS flowers and bold stripes make me smile! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this card, Silke! That corner collage paired with the frame and stripes...so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your foiling and card are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE that frame work:)) Thanks for joining us at Inspired By All the Little Things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.