Sunday, March 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink March Blog Hop!




Happy Sunday!   I have a card to share for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Challenge.  






For my card, I wanted to do a watercolor design.  I literally just got the Arteza Real Brush pens in the mail on Saturday.  I never got the Zig ones.  Now that I have tried these real brush pens I totally see what all the fuss is about.  I love these markers!  The colors are so vibrant.  


I started with some Strathmore watercolor paper.  I started with the outline flower image from  Papertrey Inks 2018 Anniversary set Mixed Bouquet I stamped the image using versamark ink and heat set using white detail embossing powder all over the top of my card recreating the huge floral arrangement, but from a different point of view.



Next, I colored all of the flowers and even the background with my Arteza Real Brush pens.  I added some white and black spatters to the card.  I added foam tape to the back of this panel and popped it up onto a stampers select white card stock base.



 I die cut the large sentiment strip from Wine Bottle Tag 2 die and heat embossed the sentiment from Butterfly Blooms stamp set using versamark ink and heat set using white detail embossing powder. I added it to my card with some foam tape.  I trimmed off of the edge.  I finished my card with a few clear sequins.  

As always thanks so much for hopping by!


33 comments

  1. super card I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Haven't tried Arteza pens but glad to hear you're a fan. And your right, the colors are bright and intense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty these watercolor blooms are gorgeous ! Love the way you took the inspiration today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercoloring is beautiful, love your bright colors on those flowers! Lovely, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great watercoloring! I like how it goes from dark to light from the bottom and just that little bit of black tapped off the brush adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Betty! The colors are glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card.. gorgeous colors..love the watercolor technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Betty! Love the colorful flowers against the watercolored green and blue background. Really pops of color and spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So bright and cheery! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness betty! your card is absolutely stunning!!! beautiful watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely bright florals on a pretty BG...well done, Betty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I think you caught the brush watercolor bug well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, lovely card Betty! I'm a little jealous that you had such success with your Arteza pens right away...I struggled with my Zigs for quite awhile before I got the hang of them! But anyway, BEAUTIFUL card...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This caught my eye in the gallery, right away Betty! Gorgeous, vibrant creation~

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is sooo beautiful! Love the beautiful bright colors and those wispy flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! Wonderfully bright colors - love the white embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful watercoloring on this Betty! love the white sentiment on the black strip!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betty, what a beautiful watercolor card! I love the background you created and your gorgeous little flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, very pretty water colored flowers. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card - love the bright colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a wonderful job on this with your vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a wowzer, Betty--absolutely love your watercolored masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful. I've been playing with some watercolors lately and will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful watercoloring and such a cheerful, happy design! Love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Betty, your card is a watercolor delight! I love your background and the beautiful bright blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really beautiful card! I love the colors, and you did a great job with the watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty Betty! Love all the beautiful blossoms! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the bright bouquet you created!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Betty ~ your water colored background and flowers is just stunning! Love the brilliant colors and playful design. A water colored work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card. Really love the bold colors and water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a beautiful card...love your sweet bunch of pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.