Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Papertrey Ink November Release Countdown Day 4!

 

 


Welcome to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink Release Countdown!


Papertrey Ink Day 4 Countdown!

 Everything will be available for purchase beginning at 10 PM ET, Thursday, November 17th!

We have many Winter Wonderland and Cozy Christmas themed products this month!


I have three cards to share today!


The first card uses
Winter Bench Dies Set
Let It Snow Dies Set



I started with blueberry sky card stock. I inkblend with blueberry sky, enchanted evening, and dark indigo inks the background panel.  I used white pigment ink and the Ho, Ho, Ho stencil for some added dimensionl.  I spritz with water to create some more added texture.  I diecut the new Snowflake Fun Frame and kept all of the pieces intact.  

 
Next, I stamped the bench, sentiment, and snowflakes.  I arranged all of the elements onto the card.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.

TIPS

- Create a layered, textured background using the same colors 
with a fun stencil for a pop of contrast
- Use a die without removing the inner pieces to create a 
different feel.
- Combine elements from one set to another to create a 
different look.  Here I used the bench to create an outdoor park bench sign.


My 2nd card uses


I used the pattern paper for the background.  I stamped all of the fun elements from the Winter Bench stamp set.  I added the bench to the Love to Layer: Rectangles frame. I arranged all of the decor items. I finished the card with a few clear sequins.


TIPS
Create a soft background using a stencil for a subtle pattern
- Create fun designs by combining pattern paper and 
stamped images.  
- Use the same design elements into cardmaking as you do 
with your home decor.



For my card, I decided to make a faux shaker.  I ink blended the tree background.  I used the Playful Dots Stencil to add some tonal baubles.  I added the top layer to the tree.


I arranged all of the elements onto the card. I gold embossed the sentiment.  I finished the card with a few metallic gold pearls added to the tree.



As always thanks so much for stopping by!





1 comment

  1. Beautiful cards ! Love the faux shaker tree. That's such a cool idea. My favorite card is the lovely blue one using the snowflake fun frame. It never occurred to me to leave the die cut pieces in place, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.