Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC66) with sneak peek, CC270, C4C36, Shabby Tea Room#9!




It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC66)! This week Maki Jones is our challenge host! Maki is challenging us to "picture it!" Now, a photo card is one way of looking at the challenge; however, you can venture off into other avenues as well. Think magazine pictures, real image designer papers, or take a picture of some of your favorite things and print it out! The photo does not have to be the focal point of the card, either. Think layered flowers, borders, tags, etc! There are also many photo techniques that can be used from altered photos, vellum pictures, and faux cloisonne'. Whichever photo option you take, we would love to see what you create with the "picture it" challenge! 

For my card I am giving you a sneak peek at a Flourishes set to be released this Thursday in the Flourishes Forum at SCS at 9 central time!  This set is called "Cherry Blossom!"  It is so fabulous!  You are not going to believe all the fabulous goodies in store!  You will not want to miss it!  I am still on my shabby/vintage kick.  I am using some retired SU chipped distressed wood picture paper for my take on the "picture it" challenge!  Of course, it is not like it was distressed enough.  I had to go tear and roll it in a few places, faux stitch, and sponged the edges a bit to make it look more distressed!  I stamped one of the cherry blossom images using Memento tuxedo black onto Flourishes Ivory cardstock.  I then colored using Flourishes Copic Color Collections.  I was going for a soft pink hue in the blossoms so I used the Hollyhock collection.  I sponged the edges of my spellbinder's frame.  I did not want to cover up my distressed wood background dp too much, so I cut out some grungeboard with a Tim Holtz die cut.  I used the soft suede ink pad directly to the grungeboard.  This dtp makes the soft suede appear even richer in hue on the suede feeling grungeboard.  I then used En Francaise background with vintage cream ink to stamp a script font to the shape.  I used foam tape to pop up this section on the card.  I added a little sponged distressed sentiment tag using one of the sentiments in the new set.  For my flower, I am using one of many new by the yard lace trims sold in the Flourishses store!  This one, natural linen ruffle,  I rolled to create a vintage lace flower look and glued to a circle punch!  I just love this very vintage loopy lace look!  You really must check these beauties out!  I finished my vintage trim flower with a button and a pearl!  I completed the card with some chocolate pearls!  I could have added more, but I decided this is shabby/vintage simplicity!  Love it! 

Take a look to see what the other blog team designers created with the "picture it" challenge!

This card is also for SCS Color Combo Challenge(CC270)!  Suede Mambos!  We are using soft suede and melon mambo with neutral of choice!  This week's dessert option:  wood grains!  Since I am using wood dp, I think my card complies with the Crazy 4 Challenges C4C36!  Children's Nursery Rhymes!  I was thinking of this one...for my wood dp!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck would chuck all the wood he could
If a woodchuck could chuck wood!

I am also using chipboard/grungeboard so it complies with The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #9


TOOL TIP!   If you feel that there is NO such thing as too much ribbon, but the task of organizing and keeping it neat is daunting, you must check out this fabulous product! This is a ribbon spooler!  It makes winding ribbon a breeze!  A breeze I tell you!  It is absolutely amazing!  This is a MUST HAVE!   I am looking for stuff to wind because it goes so fast!  Easy peasy!  Thought you might like to know!  ;0)


38 comments

  1. Betty your card has such a pretty vintaged appeal. I really like it so very much.

    Smiles!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Betty!! I {heart} that shabby flower - scrumptious! Thanks so much for joining us in the Tea Room this week and I hope you can come back again next Monday to play again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Hey girlie! This is GOR-JUS!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulously coloured floral image, Betty! Fun lace flower and a great card as always :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a grand total of 1 Flourishes stamp set, and they are at the top of my purchase list... you do great work with them, can't wait to see what the next release brings, perhaps a few more to add to the wish list... PS your colouring and flower embellishment are GREAT!!

    The Ribbon Spool, great idea, another tool to help out my OCD...LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very pretty card. Love the vintage look with your distressing and the sweet flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at the Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love that cherry blossom! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty oh my girl this is FANTASTIC and Totally gorgeous, I LVOE that flower you created...WOW its soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really gorgeous Betty!! I love this new set. Awesome details as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Betty! I sure do love that spooler thingy! What a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, this is super beatuiful!! I love the shabby chic look! The chipboard image paper looks awesome! Beautiful coloring and image...I love the set, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL Betty, what a treat it always is to visit your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love your lace flower Betty and that wonderful BG panel - and what a fun ribbon winding tool!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Betty.. I love your shabby vintageness. Super paper.. I have not seen that before. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card & love the lacy flower. This was a great challenge. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this, Betty! Excellent use of that wood paper! Why didn't I think of something like that, LOL! I love the shabby/vintage feel of this card--all the details are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww - I'm lovin' the flower/button treatment...and that ribbon spooler? Ingenious! Thanks for joining us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning Betty!! I just love the pink and those cherry blossoms!! Love your wood paper and blossom too!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card! So lovely and such beautiful details! LOVE it! :) Oh and thanks for telling me about the ribbon spool thing! I have a container stuffed of ribbon on my desk as we speak.....I'm sure you can picture it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely LOVE your shabby/vintage look.
    I wish I could get my cards to look that way!
    Just GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Betty!!! Love your shabby chic card!!! The colors are fabbo too!!! The distressing and the wood paper rocks!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is positively one gorgeous card,my paperdoll friend. I love the lace flower-want to make one not sure how to roll them-have to look for a tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  23. A shabby chic beauty! Gorgeous image and so beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE this little vintage beauty!!! Sorry I've been so lame in commenting.....but if/when you read my latest blog entry you'll see I've been a bit under it all......anyway - LOVE YOUR CARD~!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness Betty ~ this image is just stunning! I love cherry blossoms...and your creation around this image is just perfect! Thank you for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You do vintage like no other! Betty, this is drop=dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very pretty card! That ribbon winder is so neat, may have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You make the most beautiful thingsµi love everything
    thanks for sharing
    warm hugs
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  29. Betty, as I stated on SCS this card is really outstanding in all ways.. I truly think it is one of my favorites that you have ever made.. .love all the details and all the fun things going on with it... GREAT Shabby Vintagy look... love it all

    ReplyDelete
  30. A beautiful card! Your attention to detail is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooooooh, a way early peek! What a beautiful card to showcase this image! Gorgeous, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh Betty, your card is so beautiful, I love your work. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just gorgeous, Betty! I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is gorgeous Betty, and I just adore your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous card! I love that touch of vintage feel to it. The background is terrific! The flower is fantastic. I'm going to have to check out that lace! It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Absolutely beautiful card Betty! I love the little crochet flower! I am not one for distressing but you pull it off beautifully!
    Think I am going to have to have one of those ribbon spoolers!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OH WOW!!! What an incredibly Chic card!!! I am loving this new Flourishes set!!! You are rocking the vintage look and that flower is just amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is just an amazing wonderful work from you.

    Work From Home

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.