Monday, May 17, 2010

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC67), CC271, TLC273!





It is time for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC67)! This week I am your challenge host! I am challenging everyone to use "chipboard." You can use some already decorated chipboard or find some "bare" chipboard and dress it up! You can make tags, embellishments, or stamp your focal image directly to the stuff! Whether you are painting it up, cutting it out, or using some already pre-cut and decorated chipboard, we would love to see what you create using chipboard! This card is also for today's SCS Color Combo Challenge(CC271) and SCS Technique Challenge (TLC273) "I've Been Framed!" 


For my card I am using Flourishes Strawberries stamp set for the sentiment, Signs of Spring set for the cut out and paper tole flower, and the newly released Cherry Blossom set for the solid image flowers stamped with the sentiment. I stamped the images using Flourishes Classic White cardstock. I colored the daffodil using Flourishes Copic Color Collection in Buttercup, Sunflower, Tiger Lily, and Evergreen. For the chipboard challenge I am using a spellbinders frame that I cut out with cardboard and layered with Flourishes Classic White cardstock cut out with the same frame. I stencil this top portion and used foam tap to pop up the frame so the sentiment is nested inside.  I make frames quite a bit, but never thought to use chipboard to make the frames sturdier!  Love that it does not collapse on the long sides!  Great stuff this chipboard...aka cardboard!  LOL!  I finished my card with some added texture, ribbon, and gold pearls. 


Check out the other blog team designers to see what we all created with chipboard! 







Stamps
Flourishes Strawberries, Cherry Blossoms, Sign of Spring
Paper
Rich Razzleberry, so saffron, dusty durango, Flourishes Classic White, So saffron dp(retired)
Ink
ODBD bordeaux, really rust, so saffron, memento tuxedo black
Accessories
Spellbinders frame and nestabilities, foam tape, glue dots, dimensionals, sponges, cb ef, gold pearls, button, flower punch, mini bowdabra


27 comments

  1. OMG, Betty!! Talking about beautiful dimensions!! Your card has stunning details as always! I love all the combination from the different set. Your daffodil is so beautifully colored!
    It's such a great challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear Betty...just when I think you cannot get any better at your art work...you come up with these last two posts...How utterly beautiful both of the cards are...Your creations are just stunningly beautiful...and your designs are the complete envy of me !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those layers and that yummy bow! Fabulous card, Betty :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Betty!!! I jsut love the frame, the colors, the rich feel and the yummy bow!! Gorgeous bow!! Hope I have time to play along this week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous!!! Love all the details on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! The layers/dimension, colors and elements are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW WOW WOW Betty absolutely a STUNNER, gorgeous colors, awesome layers, and beautiful images!!!! Great work as always sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Betty!!! Love the colors :) and your frame is awesome!!! Cool idea with the stenciling too!!! You rock girly!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what beautiful framings and colors on this Betty! that popped up daffodil is just stunning! You always add so many lovely touches to your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty, this is absolutely gorgeous! LOVE your chipboard frame and you've nailed this color combo! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a visual delight!! I love how each layer is so beautiful and unique in it's own right. Love that realistic looking daffodil and the way you worked today's colors. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, I would love to see your ribbon supply - lol! You have the most gorgeous bows of anyone! You showcased these colors so well...outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card - love the rich colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Betty! Your coloring of the daffodil is so incredibly stunning! A fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one really is totally over the top Betty - just stunning!! And what a great color combo you brought to us!! GREAT job!!~

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is such a beautiful card betty-love the color combo and the daffodil image is awesome in design and coloring

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wow Betty, another stunningly beautiful card, the colors are just fantastic and I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Betty your cards are always so perfect... each and every detail is just outstandingly created to the umph degree... Love this one.. the daffodil is just lovingly added as an embellishment... GREAT CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Betty...this is one of the most beautiful cards ever....every little detail is total perfection!!!! I kinda cringed when I read the colors for the challenge but after working with them I have added them to my favorite list!!! Thanks for encouraging us to grow in this craft!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGosh Betty this is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!! Love the colours, the colouring, the design....absolutely EVERYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Betty! This is gorgeous!! I love the chipboard frame and all the extra details!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic display of your talent with details my friend, I could look at this for days, PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is absolutely beautiful! Due to all the extra details I find something new each time I view it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.