Sunday, May 9, 2010

Live Laugh Love! Happy Mother's Day!



This card is for today's SCS Feature Stamper Challenge(FS170)! Congratulations, Lori! Fabulous gallery! Here is the card I chose to case!  I flipped it! I added a few more layers, and I changed the theme and colors! Tried to keep the key elements of your card!

This card is also for yesterday's SCS Inspiration Challenge(IC231)! My inspiration pictures lends itself for the colors only. I really love the colors of aqua, moss, melon, and gray together! Here is the link to that inspiration!

I am so excited! I finally got my hands on the limited edition PTI Round and Round set! I had to buy it as I missed it by two sets! Still worth it, though! LOL! Amazing how stamps can make one crazy!

Card Commentary: I wanted to use Lori's layout and the colors from the IC picture.  I started out trying to decide how to divide the hues.  I had to play around with this a bit.  I used the frame stamp from the For the Graduate set.  I stamped it in melon berry directly to my cut out die cut.  I then layered one of the images from the Round and Round set.  I offset these colors a bit with the aqua mist cardstock.  I added the bitty dot spring moss dp and an aqua mist bitty dot dp butterfly.  I had to add some of my gold pearls to the image and card!  It is almost like this particular leafy image in the set was made for my gold pearls!  Hee!  Love that!


Supplies

Stamps PTI Round and Round, PTI For the Graduate(frame stamp)
Paper PTI smokey shadow, aqua mist, spring moss, bitty dot spring moss and aqua mist, Flourishes Ivory, Ink spring moss, melon berry
Accessories SU lots of tags, border punch, PTI die cut frame, spellbinder's circles, buttons, gold pearls, glue dots, foam squares, PTI melon berry ribbon, MS butterfly











18 comments

  1. Betty what a fabulous design, LOVE LOVE your layout and I just LOVE these colors!!!! GORGEOUS sweetie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, this is so pretty!! Love that color combo and what a great layout for that set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and layout, Betty! A very special card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Betty! Love these soft colors! Your details are always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling, Betty. Just love the colours you used and the gold half pearls on the leaves. Great sentiment placement too. I have a PTI wish list and hope to be able to get to it some time soon! Happy Mother's Day :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! is this ever pretty Betty, I love the design and love the colors, pretty ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fab Betty, I love the label and the continued use of dots, makes me go dotty a ga ga, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such pretty colors on this Betty! love all the dots and gold pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card and color combination!! I love that Melon Berry shade, I will have to pick some of that up. Love the gold pearls too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT color Combination Betty.. I love it... might have to case that too.. it is lovely though the way you have created the layers and the softness flows from one to the next and makes it so very pretty.. lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GREAT color Combination Betty.. I love it... might have to case that too.. it is lovely though the way you have created the layers and the softness flows from one to the next and makes it so very pretty.. lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty, the rounds are fab! I love your colors and the button with the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so pretty betty-love all the pti supplies you used on this card-such awesome soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.