Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge(SNTODBD9)!




 It is time for ODBD Stamping In Time on Assignment Challenge SNTODBD9! The Assignment is to use any ODBD stamps! The Challenge is “A Little Something Something!” Make a card or project using something “old” something “new,” and something “received!” Other stuff can be used, of course, but tell us about these three!

For my card, I am  using ODBD The Lord is Risen stamp set.  I am using Mercy Tuesday Sketch Challene MTSC72!  I am using some gem flourished accenting for the swirl element on the sketch.   I am also using a decorative pin for today's SCS Ways to Use it Challenge(WT269)!   I added one Martha Stewart butterfly punch to it.  For my "new" item, I created the layered distressed flower using Flower Soft.  This is a new product for me.  I was playing around with it and wanted to try to use it differently than what I have seen.  I was not going for a perfect looking covered flower....one that was more crushed and distressed.  I love the way my distressed and very textural flower turned out.  I may need to get more colors of this stuff.  Can you imagine a deep red to create a poinsettia look for Christmas?  Lots of possibilities!  This card is also for this week's The Shabby Tea Room:  "Get Your Bling On" Challenge #8!  Definitely got some bling going on! 

For the something old, I am using some pink pirouette cs and some left over bella rose dp.  I am so happy that even though these are "old" the colors will soon be revived!  For my something "received,"  I am using one of two lace trims that sparklegirl(Silke) sent me.  This one is a crisp, very intricate white! I thought it worked perfectly with the delicate printed papers and the pink pirouette color to allow the flower element to pop a bit.  Thanks, Silke!

 Also, check out Angie, Debi, Connie, Chris, and Sabrina's blogs to see what they all created with the "little something something" challenge! 
As always, thanks so much for stopping by!

24 comments

  1. Just beautiful, Betty! Love the way you created the lovely flower! Wonderful swirley bling, lace and use of the pin! Beautiful, beautiful, GF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Betty, and what a brilliant idea with the FS flower! Yes, red for a poinsettia would be awesome! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning Betty, beautiful flower and sentiment, and love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, oh my goodness, this card is gorgeous!! I absolutely love the way you have added the Flower Soft to your flower and that lace....oh, I love lace. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOO Betty that flower is stunning, and the lace and pearls...GORGEOUS!! What a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flourish in rhinestones and that wonderful flower are fabulous additions to that open book!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Betty!! This is just so beautiful! Love the flower and the flourished bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your card caught my eye right away this morning in the scs gallery-this is gorgeous and I love what you did with the flowersoft

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your stamping style, Betty!! Everything you make is always so elegant and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very elegant card Betty... very nicely created and the color is perfect for this entire card too... just perfection plus in all ways... I happen to really love this one.. Very Majestic!!!! That is the word I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty - the flower soft looks awesome on the flower!!! The rhinestones are a perfect embellishment to for this BEAUTY!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So elegant and lovely, Betty!! Love that flower with bling accent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Betty!! I love the sheer elegance of the bling, flower, and rich colors!! Stunning!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Sweet Betty ! How wonderful to get to see your creations every week! This one is no exception...always elegant...Your style...always puts aa smile to my face...Again, thank you for your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, such a beauty!
    I love the upward reach of the rhinestone flourishes!

    ~Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great challenge, love how you pulled it all together B, looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh la la this is just stunning!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. So absolutely pretty ... I {heart} that shabby flower and all the sparkly bling rhinestones! Thank you for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Betty ~ Sorry I have been absent...I have had some sick ones in the family...This is absolutely inspiring to me...I Love, Love what you did with that flower...In fact, I am off to try and make one for myself...Thanks for your inspiration...Also...Love the last 3 posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty Betty! love that book punch, the beautiful flower and all the bling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.