Sunday, May 2, 2010

Manly Birthday! Not a flower in sight!


This card is for today's SCS Feature Stamper Challenge (FS169)! Congrats, Eliotstamps(Michelle)! Beautiful gallery! Here is the card I chose to CASE!

I kept the basic theme with the leaves. I rocked and rolled mine, too. I used three colors. Not sure how many Michelle used. I changed the layout just a bit. I incorporated a sentiment on the ribbon portion. I used some chocolate felt ribbon and just adhered the sentiment panel over. I finished with a layered button and some frayed string from twill. While this card was easy to do, it truly tested my will power to want to slap a flower on it! Goodness, that part was hard! Hee!  This card is also for the Midnight Madness SC51!  I love this simple sketch design!  Just had to play! 

All of the papers were stamped using stamps from PTI...dp by ME!  I am finally getting around to inking up my new stash of goodies.  It has been a busy busy week and my new stuff just sat there for days without me playing with them! Boo Hoo!  I am so loving these new masculine sets.  I realized I hardly had any masculine theme images in my stash.  I think this Masculine Motifs set is just fabulous.  Also, I was very hesitant to get the woodgrain bg, but now I am so glad I did.  I used it on the sentiment...stamped off a bit.  Love that finishing touch to the whole card!  Of course, the distressed stripe set just speaks for itself.  Lots of potential with it!  The right panel uses three of the striped images sort of overlayed stamped.  The left panel is the happy birthday sentiment stamped repeatedly to give me  a script bg look. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 




Stamps
PTI Background Basics: Woodgrain, Masculine Motifs, and Distressed Stripes
Paper
PTI dark chocolate, ivory
Ink
Hawaiian shores, dark chocolate, new leaf, ranger vintage photo
Accessories
chocolate stitched felt, frayed twill, PTI buttons, glue, sponges, glue dots, foam tape




26 comments

  1. Fabulous card, Betty! Love leaves and the rock and roll technique is perfect on these. Well done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Betty, fantastic job of stamping the papers! AND I LOVE LOVE the banner and button treatment, manly and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a perfect masculine card betty-great ribbon treatment and button

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible Betty!!! Fabulous colours and I don't know anyone who can stamp backgrounds as well as you can!!! The sentiment/button notched tag is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, this is stunning. I love the combination of the shading and coloring on this. The imagery is just wonderful. I love everything about this creative piece of work! Great job with the sketch. Thank you so much for playing along in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Hope you join us in May for our month long Anniversary celebration. Good luck in the prize drawings.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :o}
    Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy monday dear betty, your card is beautiful, I love the look, love the colors and the layers... Great work my dear! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty - this is fabulous - I love the mascukline feel you have here and the gorgeoud DP you created! That woodgrain is fabulous too - Betty your cards are amazing - each one is fabulous in it's own right! It is great having you play along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this weekend - we would love to see you back again next week for Our Anniversay Celebrations! (((Hugs)))
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! 'Not a flower in sight' That's not easy to do! Great card and lovely rich colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you think nature images are perfect for men? (those and beer!LOL!) This card is wonderful, Betty. I especially like the buttons, but those ferns are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just feel the coolness of the forest when I look at this card Betty! a great masculine design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Betty! I love how you stamped those leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah! I like this! Great take on the sketch and the leafs with the shading looks fantastic!

    Thanks for playing with Midnight Madness Challenge. We hope to see you again next week!

    Mvh
    Gunn
    MMSC GDT

    ReplyDelete
  13. It may be manly, but it's still beautiful, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO beautiful, Betty!! I just pulled up a bunch of these ferns from my garden yesterday, they will take the place over if I don't :)
    This is so lovely in this color with the chocolate tipped edges. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW..this is just lovely..Simply yet BEAUTIUFL :) Wonderful take on the CAS sketch. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week. We are going to have a fun month. Hope you can play every week and get in on all the festivities...Not sure if you have entered or not, but please don't miss out on the Blog Candy :)
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Betty!! I love those leaves!! And your distressing is fantastic!! What a wonderful manly card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Betty this is a perfect and oh so gorgeous case!!! Love how you stamped the leaves....and wow no flowers...LOL!!! You rocked the sketch as well!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, wow, Betty!! All my fave colors together...this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Betty! This is gorgeous!! I just love your colors and the way you stamped the leaves!! Awesome distressing. You sure rocked the sketch GF!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this Manly Man card Betty... very nice... I have spent the past to weeks procrastinating designing a masculine card.. I finally got it done today... have to post it after wards... Love yours though... very nice.. love the greens and the button play is wonderful... you always use such wonderful colored buttons... love this .

    ReplyDelete
  21. Betty, your card is gorgeous...for a masculine card! Love the leaves combined with the background dp...such perfect earthtones to match the image. Great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for the inspiration. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week.
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great masculine card Betty, perfect colors and image great button treatment too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw this on SCS and love it! Wonderful, deep forest look. Great for a manly card.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW - I have been a slacker -look at all the beauty I have missed- my bad. Love this male card with the r & r technique - awesome~~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card and technique! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.