Saturday, January 11, 2014

Crazy 4 Challenges, a Thank You, and Blog Candy Winners!




Happy Saturday!  We have a new and fun challenge for you this week at Crazy 4 Challenges!   Check out the C4C blog for more challenge details at Crazy 4 Challenges(C4C218).  



This week's challenge is 
 make a 3.5 X 5.5 card!



For my card I am using Verve's Sunny Days, With Love, and You and I  stamp sets along with Verve's Cut Above Rounded Scallop Frame, Flag It Die, and Leafy Sprigs die sets.    I die cut the rounded scallop frame.  I clear embossed the scalloped outer frame with versamark and clear embossing powder.  Then, I stamped the sentiment and heart in versamark and white embossed the inner portion.  I smudged some white pigment ink around edges and a dab or two in the center for effect.  I finished my card with some stamped sprigs as well as adding a seam binding bow in tomato using Verve's Truly Madly Deeply Ribbon Collection.  I am using this week's Mojo Monday Sketch 327. 

 

Since I used Fusion Card Challenge sketch last week, I decided to use the inspiration picture this week.  I found some older Basicgrey paper called June Bug in my discarded stash and thought it would work.  I am calling it "Vintage" Basicgrey.



Check out what the rest of the team did with this week's challenge!




As always thanks so much for stopping by!  



 Blog Candy Winners!

Here are the random comment winners from my Card Favorites for 2013 Post 1 and Post 2!

Post 1:  Amazon Gift Certificate
erie4233 at yahoo dot com
Sending you an email! 

Post 2:   Verve Gift Certificate
Kim Heggins

Congrats to both of you!  Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments! Enjoy!

Betty



5 comments

  1. LOVE the vivid red of your [missed] fabulous bow! I love this size card - so cute in real life~ HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrast between your blackboard sentiment and colorful background Betty - and that bow is wonderful! Thanks for playing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thank you card Betty. And thank you for the gift certificate...so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is gorgeous, frilly and elegant, i love it! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.