Saturday, December 13, 2014

Friend!




PrintI had some time to craft today!   I have a few cards to share with this post.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.   For my first card I am playing along with MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and the ColourQ.

For my card I am using MFT Stamp products unless otherwise noted.  I started with MFT card stock in blu raspberry, electric red, lemon drop, smooth white, and kraft.   I stamped the base color using  Diagonal Stripe background stamp using  Premium blu raspberry ink pad.  I die cut the smooth white and electric red card stocks with Blueprints 15 stitched frame.  I die cut the electric red panel again using the Stitched Scallop Edges and FRIEND die.  I stamped the electric red panel using Linen Background stamp using premium electric red ink pad.  I stamped the sentiment from Friends Like Us stamp set using Hybrid black licorice ink pad.   I die cut the flower and flower center using Blueprints 14.   I stamped the lemon drop flower using Fine Check background stamp in yellow ink.  I added a few kraft leaves using Wild Greenery dienamics.  I finished the card with a few Verve Shine Bright Sequin Mix.  






For card #2, I am playing along with CAS this Sketch and The Color Throwdown!





I started with MFT gumball green, blue raspberry, and smooth white card stock.  I stamped the base using Swiss Dot background stamp using Premium gumball green ink pad.  I stamped the fun background using Whimsical Wishes stamp set in Premium blu raspberry, electric red, gumball green, and pink lemonade ink pads.  I die cut this panel using Blueprints 15 stitched frame and cut to fit the sketch.  I  used the Friend die namics and the Stitched Scallop edges dienamics for the sentiment.  I stamped this panel using Desert Bouquet stamp set using Premium blu raspberry ink pad.  I finished this card with a few  coordinating buttons threaded with some red/white twine.  






Print

For card #3, I am playing along with this month's MFT Color Palette Challenge.  I used MFT paver red, whip cream,  jellybean green, and timber green card stocks.   I love playing with this quilt square cover up die.  I kept thinking I could make it look like a flower quilt.  I started with a whip cream base measuring 4.25 x 5.75.  This card is a little longer than the standard A2.  I die cut the quilt dienamics in each color.  I die cut it twice in the whip cream.  


I ink distressed all of the edges of the whip cream frames and insert pieces.  I used versa mark to ink the edges of all the colored card stock pieces.  I glued the quilt frame on the card and started inserting pieces of quilt.  I really like how it turned out.  To finish the card I die cut the button from Blueprints 10 using gold foil.  I die cut it again using paver red and glue the pieces together for added strength.  I threaded some hemp cord through the center and the card was complete.  I tried to add a tiny sentiment tag hanging from the button, but decided against it.  I will put the sentiment on the inside and let this beautiful quilted flower take center stage.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

16 comments

  1. Oh my goodness what a treat to find an awesome collection of MFT based cards. I love how you used Friend on the Vertical it looks really cool <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used our sketch in a fantastic way Betty!

    Thanks for joining the fun at CASE this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards these are. I love that large friend die and how you used it. And your last card is genius to make it look like a flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great cards! I've never thought of mixing and matching my Blueprints sets! Thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous cards, Betty...you have been a very busy little stamper!!!!! I just love how you used the Friend die differently on both cards and the quilt die card is really spectacular!!!! Thanks for finding your color inspiration at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Betty - your use of the ColourQ palette is stunning! Love the sentiment too... ;-) Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun cards!! Love how you used the sketch and colors for CTD!! Thxs for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness you are on a roll Betty! 3 beautiful creations! love all those die cuts and wonderful colors on each!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty these are all just fabulous!! So happy you could join us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards! Thanks for playing along with CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness Betty I love how you used these colors and dies. I love how you used the friend die vertically.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you used the throughdown colors and really love the stained glass look of the second card! Beautiful work, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Betty, these are gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bright and cheery card, Betty, love that friend die cut! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.