Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Hover in the Moments!





Happy Wednesday!  We were out of school today due to impending snowstorm.  We do have some snow, but it is the South, so any amount incapacitates us.  We are just not used to it. Schools out tomorrow, too!   Anyway, I had a chance to get crafty today.  I am playing along with this month's Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us Challenge.  I was inspired by Melissa Phillips card HERE. 





I started with the Mix and Mat Postal die.  I die cut some stampers select white along with some Chicken Scratch Gingham.  I created a pocket with the gingham piece.  I added lace detailing as well as some twine.  I sponged Pale Peony onto the background using the smaller of the Dots Stencils.  I created my tag using a Half and Half die cut down to fit inside the pocket. I stamped it using a text background set that I cannot find in the store.  I used versamark.  Next, I die cut and stamped the floral sprigs from Spring Woods.  I die cut and stamped the butterfly from Pretty Peony and layered with butterfly from Love Lives Here die.  



I stamped a sentiment form Pen and Ink onto the top butterfly as well as a different sentiment onto the tag using versafine onyx black ink.  I tied some seam binding ribbon to my tag.  Since my postal portion is smaller, I chose to add it to a kraft card base which I stamped with the Background Basics: Birch in versamark.  I inked around the edges in versamark to create some depth.   I finished my card with some clear sequins.  I used PTI pale peony, autumn rose, cocoa bean, prairie grass, and harvest gold inks.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

8 comments

  1. I just had to come for a closer look on my computer as opposed to seeing it on my small phone screen on Instagram...this is just absolutely BEAUTIFUL Betty! Loving all the wonderful layers, your polka dots and gingham, the lovely butterfly, the flowers, the tag,...LOVE it all!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, this card is stunning! I love the soft pinks and yellows that are a perfect match with the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Betty! Love the layered butterfly! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning work Betty~I love all the layers and little touches~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Betty! I love your design. The flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so very beautiful, Betty! I love the stamps, mix of patterns and pretty pastel colors you chose to CASE Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, Betty! You nailed her style with the softness, textures and layers. Love the springy pastels. I live in NC too (near Pinehurst) so I had quite a chuckle of your description of the closings for snow. We did actually get several inches where I live. Glad you crafted in your cozy place. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a WOW card Betty. Absolutely stunning. Love all the layers and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.