Sunday, May 20, 2018

Two Cards One Post: Make Waves and Thank You!




Happy Sunday!  I am popping in with two cards to share today.  I am playing along with a few blog challenges.



For my first card I am playing along with
Papertrey Inks Create Along With Us Challenge, Just Add Ink, and Just Us Girls.




I chose Betsy Veldman's card for my inspiration.  
You can find more of her card details HERE.

I started with some Strathmore Watcolor paper.  I used Distressed Oxide blueprint sketch ink.  I sponged darker at the bottom and gradually went a little lighter.  I used Sun and Surf Stencil Collection.  I used water to sponge over the blue background to excess so the area would be drenched and lightened.  I cleaned my stencil and waited for panel to dry and went over again, but this time with the blueprint sketch ink.    Next, I die cut the pinking frame using the Mix and Mat:  Pink Edge die.  I used this instead of the tag.  I added some foam tape to pop up this panel.  I used my anti-static embossing bag, versamark ink, and white embossing power to stamp bubbles using the Keep Swimming stamp set.  


I stamped and die cut the adorable whale using the Keep Swimming stamp stamp set and Keep Swimming die.  I watercolored the whale using stormy sea ink for the whale outline and my Arteza Watercolor Real Brush Pens for the whale.  I lined up several sentiments just like Betsy using the Keep Swimming set again along with Never Enough:  Birthday stamp set.  I like that these sentiments can be mixed and matched. I actually used the Distressed Oxide Blueprint Sketch ink for the sentiment as well. 


I added some navy embroidery floss to this panel by wrapping it around three times and added a small bow.  This portion to take the place of Betsy's tag bow.  I added some foam tape to pop up the entire center panel.  I added some white splatters by adding some water to my Copic Opaque White and flicking onto the card.


I popped up my adorable whale.  I used a fine tip black marker to define his eye.  I added some wink of stella to the whale and to the insides of the bubbles.  I finished my card with some clear sequins.  I added the entire panel to a stampers select white card stock base.

Thank You!


For my second card, I am playing along with The Card Concept.  I started with some DCWV pattern papers that mimicked the colors in the inspiration photo.  


To add a bit of contrast I die cut some aqua mist card stock using the Shape Shifters Circle 1 die.  I added a sentiment using the Pen and Ink stamp set and stamping with Versafine Onyx black ink.  I used some aqua mist ink to lightly sponge in the center for added interest.  






I popped everything up using some foam tape.  I added the entire panel to a stampers select white card stock base popped up with some more foam tape.  I finished my card with a few Nuvo ebony black crystal drops.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!


10 comments

  1. Betty, both cards are very striking but so very different. Your whale with the shades of blue waves is very cleverly done. Combining pattern papers is very challenging for me even when from the same pack, but you’ve mastered it with your lovely thank you card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just gorgeous, but the background on the whale card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards,Betty! Your background and all it's fabulous details on the whale card is simply stunning! Your layers of ink and stencilling are so worth the effort and I love that you popped the panel up as your Eclipse and then added your beautifully coloured whale too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Your first one is perfect for this week's JUGS challenge! Stunning watercoloring! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great cards, I love the vibrant blue back ground you created on the first one. Lovely swirls and shapes. Your second card is very pretty. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy seeing your cards. Very creative and just well made! I love both of your cards here. I really like the whale card. It is whimsical without being childish, if you know what I mean! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Betty! I love all the layers and complexity in your sea background, adding that pinked edge makes a wonderful subtle frame too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Echoing the others in marveling at your duo of gorgeous cards here! Your florals: stunning! Your whale: oh my stars! I'm completely crushing over him! The fine details - the zigzag frame, the swirly ocean, the bubbles - add such impact. Thrilled to see this amazing card in the Just Us Girls gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are fabulous! Love the blues on the whale card and the florals are so pretty on your second card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking for some ideas for the Keep on Swimming set when I came across your card. The vivid blue background is stunning! Definitely going to try that technique on my card. Your thank you card is gorgeous! I love everything about it. The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.