Saturday, May 5, 2018

Find Refuge and Rejoice: Two Cards One Post!




Happy Saturday!  I am popping in with a couple of cards to share for a few blog challenges.  My first card is for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday Challenge.  We are ink blending on colored card stock.


I started with some lilac grace card stock.  I stamped in versamark and white embossed the feathers from Feather Finery stamp set to create my background.  I ink blended some lilac grace and amethyst allure inks to create some depth and dimension.  I used black from Gansai Tambi Watercolors to create the splatters.  


Next, I die cut the Scene It Basic Backer die.  I stamped the sentiment from Year of Psalm:  March Mini stamp set in versafine onyx black ink.  I used the two-stepped feather images from this mini set to frame the scripture.  I popped up this panel using some foam tape.  I mounted the whole panel to a stampers select white card stock base.  I finished with a few clear sequins.


I am really loving lilac grace.  Not sure why I waited so long to get me some of this shade.  Here I started with and added a panel of the tiny polka dotted pattern paper from Lilac Grace  Color Collection.  

 

       I added a floral rectangle panel using some DCWV     pattern papers and die cut using one of the Noted: Simply Stitched A2 Vertical dies.  I used some foam tape to pop   up this panel.  Next, I die cut the  Scene It Basic Backer  die using some stampers select white card stock.    


I stamped the scripture from Phrases and Praises stamp set.  I added some foam tape and popped up the circle.  I added the two pieces of DCWV coordinating papers that I fishtailed behind for added effect.  The whole panel  was glued to stampers select white card stock base.  I finished with a few clear sequins. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!



10 comments

  1. Gorgeous cards, Betty! I love the lilac colors. Your card with the feathers is so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty! I just love looking at what you do with challenges, and these 2 cards are a delight! Lilac loveliness! Such a beautiful way to hi light those gorgeous feathers. And card 2 has that beautiful black stamped banner... soon to be cased! Both gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, your first card is stunning with the embossed feathers and paint splatters on the lilac paper. I'll have to remember that when I need a quick sympathy card! Your second card is lovely too with all those layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely cards Betty!! Never even thought of using the feathers in your first card, but absolutely love how they turned out with the embossing and ink blending, and so so pretty with the purples!! Such beautiful verses on both cards too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and lovely papers and colors. The second one is my favorite. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect verses for both cards, Betty! I’ve yet to buy Lilac Grace but you’re encouraging me. I considered using What The Doodle: Feathers but wasn’t sure how to place them. Now I have a great idea...thanks to you. Both cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those feathers, and this sentiment is perfect for your beautiful background. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Betty, these are both stunning!! I love your techniques, and I do think lilac grace + you = a perfect match :) Gorgeous inspiration, as always! Thank you so much for the sweet notes over on my blog! Sending many hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 beauties, Betty! The feathers were a great choice for the blending technique & I love the printed paper panel on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Betty! Love all the fancy feathers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.