Friday, May 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink May Blog Hop!



Happy Friday!  I am popping in with a card to share.  
I am playing along with May's Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop Challenge. 


I just love the inspiration photo. 
I looked at the photo many times.  I kept coming back to those ribbed blush colored lanterns.  I used Bold Borders: Shine die to mimic the ribbed look.  I die cut several using sweet blush card stock and glued together using Tombow Aqua glue for added dimension.  


I used the following Papertrey Ink flower stamp sets for my floral arrangement.  Bold Blossoms stamp set and Bold Blossoms die set,Peonies on Parade stamp set and Peonies on Parade die set,  Forest Floor:  Summer stamp set and Forest Floor:  Summer die set.  

I used the following Papertrey Ink ink colors green parakeet, prairie grass, new leaf, lilac grace, amethyst allure, and royal velvet inks for the flowers.  I copic colored two of them.  I added foam tape to some of the flowers for added dimension.  I added wink of stella to each flower for some added sparkle and shine.  I also used a white gel pen to add a pop of white to the flower centers.


For the sentiment I used Huge Sentiments stamp set, Huge Hugs die, and Huge Banner die.  I layered the hugs word with gold foil card stock being the focal color.   I finished my card with some clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!


14 comments

  1. Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS Betty!! I love the pink die cut frame you used...how perfect to emulate the ribbed lanterns in the inspiration photo! And your flowers are all beautiful, but I am especially in LOVE with how you did the flowers from the Forest Floor: Summer set...they are perfection!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful mix of bright colorful blooms Betty! That layered die cut background looks wonderful behind them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, Betty! Love that you picked up the pink ribbed lanterns in the photo and incorporated them as your background to those beautiful florals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful blooms. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! It's so interesting to see what everyone is drawn to in the photograph. I didn't pay any attention to the lanterns at all! So much fun to see your great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having fun reading about what elements inspired different people. I love your soft pink rib like element and agree it is spot on, even though it was not what I saw the first time I looked at the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to use the lanterns as inspiration! Your flowers look beautiful against that pink "ribbed" background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card. LOVE the frame. I might regret not ordering it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card...love your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Betty. Love how you used that background die as a nod to those lanterns, and your flowers are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Betty this is wonderful! I love that you picked up on the lanterns and the Bold Borders die was perfect. Gorgeous colors and flowers...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous! Beautifully layered!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.