Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Work Hard and Dream Big!




Happy Wednesday!  It has been a busy few days with extended weekend company.  Fun times!  I finally had a chance to get crafty!  


I am playing along with Fusion Card Challenge 
and 
(diagonal from bottom left to top right)


I created a masculine graduation card.  It could be used for any male getting a job or promotion, though.


I started with some Papertrey Ink fresh snow linen cardstock.  I die cut with some post it tape the sentiment frame from Forest Floor:  Spring die.  I centered it onto the linen cardstock and made sure the edges were adhered well using a bone folder.  Next, I ink blended ocean tidesaffron spice, and prairie grass inks to mimic some of the tones in the inspiration photo. 


 I added water splashes and blotted to get a more distressed feel and to add texture.  Then, I used the perfect plaid stencil collection and fresh snow pigment ink to create the white striped plaid overlay to mimic the lines in the sidewalk from the inspiration photo. I added some black splatters using my black Gonsai Tambi watercolors. I waited for it to dry.  


I carefully pulled off the masking.  I stamped the sentiment frame from Forest Floor:  Spring stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I die cut the Words to Live By:  Work die directly into the frame.  I layered the back with some clear acetate so I could add the centers to the front and have somewhere to put the glue. I cut strips of ocean tide and saffron spice card stocks to add behind the panel.  to show through the acetate.  I used some foam tape to add the panel to a true black cardstock base


 I die cut and stamped a few leaves from Meadow Greens stamp set and Meadow Greens die collection again using a mixture of ocean tidesaffron spice, and prairie grass inks.  I stamped the images using the Tim Holtz Stamping Platform. I stamped with versamark and white embossed a sentiment from Words to Live By: Work Mini stamp set.  I used some foam tape to pop that up.  I finished the card with some wink of stella on the leaves and a tiny twine bow.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!





8 comments

  1. This is a truly stunning and beautiful card. I am amazed at all your gorgeous detail! Simply perfect! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super gorgeous, Betty!!! It was so intriguing that I read everything you wrote about how you made the card. Very clever use of the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Tic-Tac-Tuesday challenge! Thank you for joining us this week to share you card! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the background. thanks for joining us at TSOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful graduation card and its a little different from mortar boards etc. The background is beautiful and,I love to see paint splatters on a card. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment, its much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. So glad you shared with us on TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plaid background looks amazing and works so well with the other elements in your fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very nice, I tell like the colors, I've never tried to stencil over distress inks and like this idea with the stencil, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, just gorgeous!! Love the plaid that you created and the beautiful colors that you used. Those leaves are the perfection additon, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.