Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hooray!



Happy Wednesday!  I am playing along with this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge.  Lizzie challenged us to "above and below."  



For my card, I made a somewhat less than traditional baby card for a coworker.  I felt the cutesy baby look was not ideal.  I decided to use the Tropics stamp set and Tropics die set with PTI white card stock.    I mixed prairie grass and Hawaiian shores inks for the leaves.  My sentiment comes from Huge Sentiments stamp set that I white embossed onto true black card stock.



  I added the "hooray" from Bold Borders: Shine die.  I used watercolor paper and distressed oxide inks on it before I topped it off with some wink of stella  for added shine.  I  layered a few of the words together for added dimension before I glued them to the sentiment panel.    

 

The stenciled background sun rays came from Make It Market:  Sunshine and Rainbows Kit. I blended some lemon tart and bright buttercup inks.  I added the panel to a hawaiian shores card stock base. I finished my card with a few clear sequins. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!




6 comments

  1. Betty, this is drop dead GORGEOUS! Love the colors, and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love the sun rays & leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving those gorgeous leaves! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW...this is a real STUNNER Betty, and I love that it's a non traditional baby card! Your big, bold leaves with the sun rays peeking through is so cool looking and love your sentiment too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, what a unique baby card with the sun rays and bold leaves! Everything is perfectly placed over and under. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.