Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Laugh, Shine, Smile!



Happy Wednesday!  It is time for a new inspiration challenge!


The Card Concept has a new photo inspiration challenge starting today!  This one is all about Cacti Clusters!  Hope you can join us and play along.   I am also playing along with The Paper Players sketch, and Simon Says Wednesday "Anything Goes" Challenge.





I was inspired by the title "cacti cluster" and the colors.  I created a clean and layered style card design. 


For my card, I started with a top folding select white card stock base. I used Echo Park Just Be You pattern paper I used a paper trimmer to cut the aqua color paper from the pack to cover the top of the card base and glued with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.  I die cut the cacti pattern with a rectangle stitched frame and used foam tape to add it to the aqua panel.  



I stamped and masked the cacti from Simon Says Stamps One Cool Pineapple stamp set using Momento tuxedo black ink. I colored with Copic Markers to match the ones in the pattern papers.  I added the cacti cluster using foam tape.  




I used a 1/2" circle punch to punch out sentiments from one of the patterns in the pack.  I popped up the sentiments with foam squares.  I finished my card with a few Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins.


For your convenience, here is a list of many of the products I generally use every time I make a card.

foam tape (huge roll)

As always thanks so much for stopping by!




5 comments

  1. So delightful a card. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Betty! This card is adorable. I LOVE the paper. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card love the how you've matched the pattern paper.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card betty :-) I love the whole design of this! you have used the stamp set and the papers brilliantly! LOVE it :-)

    Congratulations you have won the $50 voucher on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Please email us
    simonsayschallenge@hotmail.com
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.