Sunday, June 9, 2019

You're Amazing!







Happy Sunday!  I am popping in with a summertime fun card to share.  





For my card today, I chose to make an underwater scene card.  I combined some ink blending, ink splattering, and Copic coloring for this card. 


I started with Select White Card stock.  I ink blended with blending tools distress oxides inks in shades of blueprint sketch, peacock feathers, broken china, and tumbled glass inks to give me an underwater vibe.  



I used the distress spritzer for the water splatters and blotted.  I added some white acrylic paint splatters and black acrylic paint splatters mixed with water to add depth and dimension to the scene.


Once the background was dried, I die cut a rectangle stitched die.  I added a scalloped die cut frame behind (MFT blueprints 27). However, I did not have a cardstock color that matched the underwater scene colors.  So, I sponged distress oxide blueprint sketch ink all around the edges.  I glued the two panels together using Nuvo deluxe adhesive and added foam tape to the back and popped it all on top of a top folding select white card stock base.  


For the Mermaid, I used Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Mermaids stamp set with the coordinating die set for the focal image.  I colored with  Copic Markers.  I actually stamped some of the fish that come along in this set, but I chose to just leave it simple. I went over the entire mermaid with clear wink of stella for some added sparkle. 


 For the sentiment, I chose one from the Simon Says Stamp Leafy Frames stamp set.  I used a powder bag, versamark ink, and heat embossed using white embossing powder onto true black card stock. I finished my card with a few clear sequins.

Here is a list of many of the products I generally
use every time I make a card.

foam tape (huge roll)

As always thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments

  1. This is stunning Betty-the background is amazing-the blending is perfect and the splashes really do make it look like the sea! And wow to the colouring of the mermaid. A joy to see this at Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. Your mermaid is adorable, and I love how you did your ocean background. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...what a sweet mermaid! Love your gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.