Wednesday, December 26, 2012

PTI December Blog Hop!




I hope everyone had a Wonderful Merry Christmas with family and friends.  My mom made me a pecan pie with no crusts or glutens!  It was delicious.  Funny thing is I really do not miss the crust.   Anyway, I received for Christmas some much wanted stamps and dies that I have had on my wishlist for what seems like forever!

I am sharing a card today for PTI monthly Blog Hop!  This month's is all about white on white.  A tad of color can be used, but the focus should be WHITE!  I LOVE color so this one was quite a challenge.  Even the photography was challenging. It is rainy and stormy here today, so I ended up having to get a picture outside in the screen porch.   

I used two techniques I have been enjoying lately.   I love making dimensional backgrounds using die cuts.  Here I used Rosie Posie dies.  While it is a leafy stem, I really think the arrangement lends this element more toward a graphic designed background.   The second technique I used here is  creating a background using a portion of a stamp.  I inked up on the polka dotted portion of the large frame from the Fabulous Frames set.  It is a solid background with polka dots.  I stamped around the edge and in the middle.  Some overlapping occurred, but I love the effect.  I used sweet blush ink.

I stamped the new Limitless Layers heart frames with one of the frames from With All My Heart.  LOVE this set and dies!  Yippee!  I added a couple of white and soft pink buttons and finished with a white seam binding bow.  Kept it simple and sweet, but I totally feel the LOVE!

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty  

Supplies 
Stamps PTI Fabulous Frames and With All My Heart  sets
Cardstock  Flourishes Classic White
Ink PTI Blush Pink pigment ink
Acessories PTI Rosie Posie and Limitless Layers: Hearts dies, white seam binding, buttons, foam tape
      

22 comments

  1. I love how you used the Rosie Posie dies for a background! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love all of your die cuts and now I MUST have that stacked heart! Just Gorgeous Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty this is so pretty! I love the soft pinks! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love what you did with the background. Had to read it a couple of times to see how it was done. Makes your dies pop! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the love, too...for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple but absolutely beautiful...great job Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Betty ~ Love how you used the leaves from Rosie Posie dies for this stunning effect background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutley beautiful. I love the hint of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Betty! Love how you used Rosie Posie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Betty!! Love the dimension :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Betty - Love all the dimension and the white on white is beautiful! It really is a difficult challenge - I love colour too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful Betty and I think using the Rosie Posie stem this way is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome out of the box usage! Love the subtle inking also! Beautiful card~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I love the touches of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty this is gorgeous! Love all the white and now I wish I bought the hearts…. they look beautiful on your card.
    I just ordered the guardian angel prayer…. I have been trying to teach my young grandchildren that prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh its like opening a fancy chocolate box or something!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card. Love that heart die.- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you thought outside the box and used the stems for the background...they are really elegant,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.