Sunday, October 19, 2014

Merry Christmas!




Happy Sunday!  Popping in with another Christmas card!  I am playing along with this week's PTI Make It Monday Challenge...Gold Dipped die cuts.  

I usually have a stash of Christmas cards ready to go by this time of the year.  I was looking the other day and realized I have very few Christmas cards made.  I am trying to knock out a few this week.  


I started with pure poppy base.  I die cut the large frame from Fabulous Frames 3 times and glued together.  I stamped the sentiment from the Polka Dot Parade set before I glued all the panels together.  I die cut the Polka Dot Parade #9 die twice.  I stamped each section of the tree with coordinating image from the Polka Dot Parade #9 stamp set.  I used chartreuse, poppy, hibiscus burst, harvest gold, and limeade ice.  I used dark chocolate
for tree trunk base.   I swiped each piece at the scalloped edge with versa mark and gold embossed.  I glued all the pieces to a strip of card stock and glued to the back side of the fabulous frame.  I actually inked the entire tiny star and gold embossed the whole thing.  I popped the entire frame and tree using foam tape.  I added a few shiny sequins and my card was complete.  

While this card is mailing friendly and looks clean and simple, it is still labor intensive for mass producing.   I am using the sketch from this week's Retro Sketch.  

This challenge reminded me of the card I did for PTI June 2013 Blog Hop!  Check out the post Thinking of You.....memories!



As always thanks so much for stopping by!


Betty

10 comments

  1. Very pretty card! The touches of gold are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is really gorgeous <3 I love the gold and how do you place your sequins just perfectly I struggle with placement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are fantastic Betty! Love the gold dipped Christmas tree! So cuuuuute! and your second card is beautiful! Those flowers are oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a fab Christmas card Betty-love all the sequins-hope your sciatica is on the mend-sending healing prayers your way

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee! Betty I love this. The sequins, photo die and tree with dp. A plus gf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty so pretty and a great use of that die! Thank you for joining us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore everything you do..
    HUGS

    -Ali
    Owner of The Alley Way Stamps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.