Friday, March 6, 2015

Stitched With Love!







TGIF!   We have a two hour school delay today due to potential black ice.   I do not mind delays.   It gave me time to get crafty last night.   I am playing along with a couple of blog challenges.  I love the fun sketch this week from MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and the colors from The Color Throwdown were too good to resist.




I am using My Favorite Things stamps products unless otherwise noted.  I started with MFT Card stocks in  kraft , smooth white, nightshift blue, and red hot card stock.    I die cut the nightshift blue with pierced traditional tags stax.  I stamped the edges with blanket stitched image from Stitched with Love stamp set with versamark and heat embossed with Recollections aqua embossing powder.  I layered Blueprints 20 rectangle quilted die cut in smooth white.  I inked distressed the edges.  




 I added the die cut element in red hot card stock from Blueprints 15 to comply with the sketch.  I white embossed the sentiment from Stitched With Love stamp set.  I layered the die cut elements from from Stitched With Love die namics.  I die cut the needle with silver foil card stock.  I added some dyed to match threading using Blu Raspberry premium ink refill.  The tag top reinforcement circle was die cut from pierced circle stax in red hot card stock.   I finished the tag with a few buttons and some hemp cording.  




I added the tag to the kraft card base.  I die cut the scalloped panel from Blueprints 20.  I inked the edges with versamark and some distressed ink.  I layered a stitched panel from Blueprints 22 that I embossed with Quilt Square Cover Up   turned at a slight angle for some added interest.  I really love how this whole card with tag turned out. 

A couple of weeks ago I needed to restock some of my stamping supplies so I clicked over to Starlit Studio.  Aside from some awesome customer service and fast shipping, the prices are absolutely amazing!   I was able to restock some of my "go to" stamping supplies like  TomBow Mona Aqua glue, Glue Dots, Mini Glossy Accents, and  X-Press It  foam mounting tape.   I was also able to pick up a few of My Favorite Things stamps and dies while perusing  the sight!

As always thank so much for stopping by!

Betty


11 comments

  1. So pretty! I am always amazed by your attention to detail, whilst still having a clean fresh look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love all the stitching detail and the throwdown colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty...this is just beautiful. I love your wonderful stitched card, so fun with that fabulous spool of thread, just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Betty. Love the notion theme with the spool. The heat embossed images are amazing... especially the blanket stitches! Also like the distressing. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic card. I love all the details. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card Betty. I love that spool and needle with thread, nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The details are amazing on this card! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, this card is gorgeous! The layers are perfect and I am loving the embossed quilted background! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous! Love all of the stitching/sewing details and elements. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colors! This card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the stitching on this, Betty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.