Sunday, March 22, 2015

Happy, Happy Birthday and Big Dreams!






 

I have a couple of cards to share today.  For this first card I am playing along with MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge, The Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, and Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes" Birthday!

I started with MFT card stock in smooth white, limeade, and blu raspberry.  I started with a smooth white 4.25 x 5.5  piece of card stock.    For both cards I used the MFT Harlequin Stencil using the technique that  Barbara from Paper Pursuits showed in her tutorial HERE!    For the first card, instead of doing two colors, I masked off to include a base color with four separate colors to comply with The Curtain Calls inspiration photo showcasing so many pretty pastels.  I really love this look!  I used the Mini Ink Blending Tool along with the Blending Foam Pads and the process went really fast.  I used MFT blu raspberry, lemon chiffon, limeade, cotton candy, and grape jelly Premium inks.  Once I had the piece stenciled, I die cut with Blueprints 13.  I layered a blu raspberry piece die cut with Blueprints 2.  Next, I die cut a limeade pierced circle stax.  I embossed this circle with the Polka Dot Cover Up.  I used some foam mounting tape for added dimension. 

I die cut a PI Overflowing Joy die namics and stamped with coordinating PI Overflowing Joy stamp using Hybrid black licorice ink.  I colored with copics.  I added some foam tape and added her to the pierced circle.  For the sentiment, I die cut a smooth white strip using Blueprints 2.  I stamped the sentiment from PI Happy Banner.  I used some foam dimensionals to add to the card to comply with sketch.  I finished with a few clear sequins.  







For my second card, I am playing along with Retro Sketch, Just Us Girls, and Stampin' Celebration Inspiration.  I chose green as my third color.  I love the bold patterns in the inspiration photo, so I went in that direction.  As for the technique, I actually made this card first which is why this card uses two colors.  I got more adventurous with the second card posted above.




I used the same technique,  I used MFT smooth white card stock and field day along with some Momento tuxedo black ink.  I love the bold look these two colors have together.  I die cut the panel using Blueprints 20 to comply with layered framing in sketch.  I added a sentiment using Pierced rectangle stax and Chalkoard Greetings Too stamp set stamped with Hybrid black licorice ink.  added some loose white threading and foam mounting tape for added dimension. I finished with a few clear sequins. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

15 comments

  1. This is adorable! Love the wonderful colors and your sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards and the fabulous backgrounds you created. Love the adorable PI image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card - love the colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the diamond patterned background and the big, bold sentiment of the second card! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin' Celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how completely different these cards look, using the same stencil! Both are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love the green and black argyle! What a great card. Simple and eye catching! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are fabulous Betty and I especially love how you've captured the colours for the jelly bean challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are fabulous Betty. I love the colors on that first one, thanks for the link to the tutorial.. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore these cards Betty and so glad you joined at Stampin' Celebration!!!! This card is so GREAT!!! Perfectly masculine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh she is so cute and I love the background on your second card. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stenciling and cute coloring in your little girl! :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.