Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy and Congrats!








Happy Saturday!  It has been a rainy Saturday which, for me, translated to cleaning and crafting!  I have a couple of cards to share.  For my first card I am playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch and The Fusion Challenge.  I used the gorgeous inspiration piece.  

I started with MFT smooth white and ripe raspberry.  I stamped my leaves from Circle Scribble Flowers stamp set using Hybrid Black Licorice ink for leaf outline and jellybean green for the leaf color.  I also stamped a few leafy sprigs from  Desert Bouquet.  Once all the leaves were stamped, I die cut the panel with Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stax using the two largest dies.  

I die cut the Circle Scribble Flowers die namics several times using smooth white card stock.  I inked several flowers using the Circle Scribble Flowers stamp set in Blueberry, Ripe Raspberry, and Lavender Fields inks.  I used versamark to stamped the coordinating scribble images and heat embossed in white.  I used foam mounting tape to pop up the center stitched frame. I arranged my flowers some using foam mounting tape for added dimension.  I added a few die cut leaves as well for added depth.  I love the contrast and the whimsical finish.  I even thought any of the extra embossing dust added to the effect.  I layered the happy trio die namics three times and added to the center.  I finished the card with a few clear sequins.  








For my second card I am playing along with the Colour Q colors.  I am a huge fan of anything black and green!  I am also playing along with this week's MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge and Just Us Girls "splatter" challenge.  



I started with MFT black licorice, kraft, smooth white, and limeade card stocks.  The card base is black licorice.  I die cut the kraft panel with Blueprints 22.  I stamped this panel with Linen background using natural ink.  I inked the edges with versamark for added depth.  I die cut a smooth white panel with the same edge, but also used the stitch frame from Blueprints 20 across the panel to get the angled stitched edges.  

I die cut the tree leaves from Out On a Limb die namics.  I layered the leaves three times.  I stamped the top image with the stars in Totally Happy stamp set using limeade ink.  Once the card stock was stamped I die cut the leaves.  I die cut the tree trunk with black licorice twice and glued together for some added dimension.   I used Distressed Hearts stamp set to add the grout gray ink splatters.  I used Whimsical Wishes for the sentiment stamped in Hybrid Black Licorice ink.  I used Blueprints 11 for the tiny stars.  I finished with a few clear sequins. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty


18 comments

  1. Both cards are lovely! Love the pretty, bright colors on the first card and the fun tree on the second. Nicely done! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great designs! love that bright tree - and your pretty scroll flowers! Thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge Betty! It's been raining here all day as well - finally the snow is melting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards just always get a BIG wow from me! Today is no exception!
    Love that you played with us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very pretty cards...Love the dies cuts on tree and leaves...and love those flowers...so bright and springy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are beautiful, Betty!!! The flowers on the first is stunning and I love the colours!! The tree on the second one is so cute and again the colours are beautiful!!! Love both, Betty!!!!!
    Have a great Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOTH of your cards are absolutely gorgeous...awesome blooms and that tree is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty...both your cards are fabulous. I love your sweet posies and that tree is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are just gorgeous...so bold and vibrant! Love all your layers on the first one and all the little details on the second! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards Betty. Love the flowers on the first one... that sketch looks great... oh, that tree is so pretty with the Kraft and brown background. Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tree! Nice bright leaves - Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are great, but I really like that tree card! Love the soft splatters. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Betty both of these are gorgeous! I just LOVE the colour scheme of your first card and those MFT blooms are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are gorgeous Betty. Love the first one, the colors do make you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these are both so fun! Great takes on the sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh these are so fabulous, I need to use my tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. FABulous flowers Betty! So happy you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards, Betty, love the design you used for your tree card! Thanks for joining us at the colourQ, sorry to be so late!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Betty! Your flowery card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Fusion and CTS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.