Friday, March 20, 2015

You Are Close to My Heart!





 
Happy Friday!   I have a couple of cards to share today!  For the first card I am playing along with the Sweet Sunday Sketch and The Card Concept Inspiration Challenge.  I went with a more classy & elegant style with this image.


I started with MFT card stock in grout gray, smooth white, chocolate brown, and cranberry cocktail.   The smooth white background was die cut with Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stax  and stamped with Woodgrain background in grout gray ink.  I stamped off once to give a more softer, lighter feel like the inspiration photo. The next layer I die cut using Blueprints 1 scallop frame with vellum.  I stamped with Damask background in versamark and heat embossed with white ep to give the illusion of a doily.  I used some foam tape to pop up the layer a bit for added dimension.  The next layer with cut with the next smaller layer from Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stax .  Instead of cupcakes, I die cut my chocolate brown card stock using donuts die namics.  
 
To recreate the look of the raspberry swirl frosting, I used Circle Scribble Flowers stamp set and stamped smooth white card stock using cranberry cocktail, tinkled pink, and ripe raspberry inks.  I die cut the icing with the donut die namics and loved the look.  I die cut a piece of cranberry cocktail card stock using Blueprints 9.  I stamped the sentiment from Totally Happy stamp set using Versamark and heat embossed with white ep.  I used some foam tape on my donuts for added dimension.  I finished the card with some clear sequins. 







 For my second card I am playing along with The Color Throwdown and MFT PageMaps Sketch Challenge.  

I started with MFT card stock in smooth white, cotton candy, orange fizz, and after midnight.  The base is smooth white.  I die cut the cotton candy and orange fizz using Vertical Stitch Strips.  I stamped the orange fizz with fine chevron background using orange fizz ink.  I stamped the cotton candy using fine check background in cotton candy ink.  I used foam mounting tape to attach these to the smooth white base.  Next, I die cut the focal image using after midnight card stock using Tag Builder Blueprints 3.  I die cut the  hearts from the center.  I lined with smooth white card stock.  

I die cut the sentiment strip in vellum using Blueprints 12.  I stamped the sentiment from Friends Like Us in versamark and heat embossed with some pink ep.  I strategically glued this piece to the front.  I stamped a piece of smooth white card stock using diagonal stripes background stamp in after midnight ink and die cut a small paper clip from Office Supplies.  I die cut another clip and glued both together for some added stability.  I tied some loose thread to the paper clip.  I die cut a button from Blueprints 14 twice in cotton candy card stock and stamped the same as other cotton candy piece.  I added threading used glue dot to adhere to card.  Once again I finished my card with a few clear sentiments.

As always thank so much for stopping by!

Betty

9 comments

  1. What beautiful cards Betty! LOVE all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards!! Love the backgrounds you created!! This for playing at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful cards!!! I love the colors together! Those donuts are fabulous, so very sweet!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Betty, your donuts are really funky, love them! Thank you for sharing at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing!

    I LOVE that you used the stamp image to create the numbers in the age!! very creative and wonderful!!

    I am now following your blog!
    Be sure to stop by and follow by blog too!
    http://jessicalynnoriginalstamps.blogspot.com/

    Jessica Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Wow, WOW!! So yummy colours! Love your awesome design!! Thank you for sharing at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! I love the fun funky frosting on your donuts and your colorful but CAS take on the MFT/PageMaps sketch. So glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your shout out at Card Concept. Love that frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those donuts are so yummy! Both cards are so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.