Saturday, March 28, 2015

ALOHA and I Love You...!







Happy Saturday!  I had some time to get crafty last night after refrigerator shopping.   After 9 years, the compressor gave out.  I remember when I was growing up we had the same refrigerator forever!  We have narrowed the selection down to three.  If you have a brand or thoughts about yours that you just LOVE, please let me know.   Since refrigerator shopping is not my idea of fun, I needed to detox in my crafty space.   I am popping in with a couple of cards to share.

For this first card, I am playing along with The ColourQ.
I just love these spring colors.  I am using MFT products unless otherwise noted. started with MFT Card Stock in smooth white, sour apple, summer splash, wild wisteria, and cotton candy.  I used one of the horizontal stitched die namics to cut four pieces of card stock in different colors.  I mounted these to a smaller piece of card stock and used foam mounting tape to adhere to a smooth white card base.  

Next, I die cut Circle Scribbles and Scribbles die namics using smooth white.  I used Wink Of Stella (love this stuff) to add some sparkle sheen to the scribble layer.  Love the look in person.  I die cut sour apple leaves using Wild Greenery die namics.  I added some versa mark to the edges for added definition.   Next, I die cut Negative Dot Alphabet in smooth white and created the sentiment.  I used Wink of Stella to add some shimmer sparkle to the letters, too.   I finished with a few clear sequins.






For this card I am playing along with The Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenge (sketch). I just love these colors, too.  I started with MFT smooth white, cherry crisp, limeade, and lemon chiffon card stocks.  

I die cut the scalloped smooth white panel with Blueprints 20.  I layered the lemon chiffon die cut with Blueprints 13 and stamped with lemon chiffon ink with Gingham background stamp. I die cut a piece of cherry crisp using Blueprints 2 to go across the card to comply with sketch.  For the focal point,  I die cut the pierced oval stax and stamped with sentiment from I Love You More stamp set in Hybrid black licorice ink.  I die cut the cherry crisp card stock with layered rose die namics.  I glued the flower layers together and fluffed a bit.  I added a faceted red enamel dot to the center.  Next, I die cut the limeade card stock with layered leaves.  Uses some versamark for added dimension.  I tucked two of the leaves in behind the flower.  I finished with a few clear sequins.

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty





                                                                                

13 comments

  1. Beautiful creations. Pure spring delight.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Betty! Good luck with the appliance shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning Betty! Gorgeous designs and gorgeous colors. I love MFT blueprints :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful cards! Refrigerate shopping...we keep thinking we'll be doing that soon! Crossing fingers!, so happy you played at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....I love you to Betty :) !!! Both cards are fabulous! I really like how you used the CQC colors. Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Betty. Love the pretty flowers on both. The panels look fantastic on the first one... the sequins look lovely. The perfect touch. Thank you for joining us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty...both of your cards are simply stunning! I love the sweet flowers you created for your ColourQ card, just so sweet and very lovely! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful colors and layered floral dies on both of these Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards! Love the pop of the intricate red flower against the soft yellow background. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bright and cheery card, Betty, love how the Aloha was done! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.